"Sooner or later in life the things you love you lose"

That’s a line from a song, but I agree with it now.

So what’s the point of it all? It’s all just pointless isn’t it.

3 Likes

Here’s my reply:

1 Like

This is funny. We’re all going to die. Life is not that serious.

4 Likes

That assumes life is a zero-sum game, that everything balances out in the end. It further implies that a person’s actions and feelings do not affect other people.

I’m sure you’ve had wonderful, breath-taking moments in your life. Those moments are not wiped away by bad moments, even terrible moments. They will always be wonderful, breath-taking moments.

I recommend a book called The Stranger by Albert Camus.

5 Likes

“all things of a compound nature must cease to exist” Confucious

1 Like

It’s not pointless when you have the here and now

2 Likes

This.

This conversation reminds me of the song Suit and Jacket by Judah and the Lion. “WE’RE ALL GONNA DIE SOMEDAYY!!”

2 Likes

But you’ll also find that the things you thought you couldn’t love are worthy.

1 Like

Oh Confucius how you confused us :wink:

Yeah for sure but you can also win or gain things as well. That makes life all the more worthwhile!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s mighty pessimistic but probably true. God gave us brains. So I use it. When everything seems hopeless and pointless I remind myself it ain’t and keep going. It doesn’t work every time and it might only work in October but it’s what keeps me going for now. November will take care of itself. My life right now is pretty much a cycle of the lowest pits and just really cool stuff happening. I’m glad at age 58 that life still excites me. I ain’t going to analyze it, it just does.

3 Likes

I used to think that about death. We’re all going to die. Wats the point of anything.
Soon I’ll just be nothingness. Or hell or watevar.

I still slip into that mindset from time to time.

But I think if I live this life fully then this one life time is enough.

2 Likes

“the things you love you lose” … or, alternatively: 'the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

2 Likes

“The love you take:” I like that

In other words. “Help, it’s been a Hard Days Night.”

1 Like

I think washing the dishes day after day is pointless until I need a clean plate and glass for breakfast.

This is the closest I’ll get to Zen.

1 Like

You gotta find new things to love along the way. I’m really big into Marvel for example but never was before the movies, never bought into the comics.

I got my 3 collectible MCU box sets on the mantle, They are among the few material possessions (other stuff is all digital) that I could carry with me.

1 Like

My grandmother used to say “We’ll find out when we get there”

1 Like

I think washing dishes, mowing grasses, and stuff alike are similar to the myth of sysyphus.

You roll the boulder up the hill, only for it to come down again lol

1 Like

I don’t feel due to the amount of cigarettes I smoke that I will experience life in later stages.

If I do then my parents will be gone and I will be all alone living an isolated existence and not doing anything with my life.

1 Like