Song for Mao

1 Like

The Great Leap Forward.

While starving millions.

3 Likes

I had a book about the history of China. Mao was not a nice person.

1 Like

Wow. That hurt my ears

Better than USA presidents

Who’s Mao? Never heard of him.

@Loke @Om_Sadasiva

1 Like

Mao’s legacy is a mixed bag. I remember enjoying some of his poetry, and of course, his little red book.

1 Like

The leader of the Chinese Revolution many years ago

2 Likes

The red book is great. In theory he was perfect, in practice of these ideas he made a lot of mistakes

1 Like

Still more creative than Stalin.

1 Like

Way more. After Lenin, Mao is one of the biggest revolutionaries

1 Like

Pop Mao, in Warhol style

1 Like

Hitler hasn’t got a song. He must be jealous.

Fair point, but Hitler wasn’t the one giving the orders to bomb North Korea and later Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia and killing millions of defenceless civilians in the process.

1 Like

When Adolf Hitler became the Chancellor of Germany in January 1933, the “Horst Wessel Song” became a national symbol by law on 19 May 1933. The following year, a regulation required the right arm be extended and raised in the “Hitler salute” when the (identical) first and fourth verses were sung. Nazi leaders can be seen singing the song at the finale of Leni Riefenstahl’s 1935 film Triumph of the Will. Hitler also mandated the tempo at which the song had to be played.[17]

2 Likes

@Om_Sadasiva. I read a book on the history of China. I don’t remember much. I just remembered that Mao was a horrible person. I’ll have to look it up. Chiang Kaishek (a military man contemporary of Mao) was a better person.

1 Like

Both are responsible for plenty of human rights violations -not unlike nearly everyone else- but I guess the political end product of Chiang Kaishek endevours, Taiwan, is more palatable.

1 Like

Nobody knows the exact number of people Mao exterminated, but by some estimates around hundred million.

The approximate number of deaths in the second world war was around sixty-five million by comparison.

The history of the Chinese government and human rights is abysmal. I really can’t go into it here.