Sometimes it's good to mess with their minds!

So our cricket team of 11 players has a couple of Sri Lankans. I play in the bottom grade so we’re not too talented but Asians love their cricket. We have this player called the Doc. He’s actually a gp. He’s brought his mates to the club and ones a gynecologist! You can imagine the wordplay with a couple of doctors in the side…

Anyways. Today I was doing a bit of scoring the game with the doctor. You use two books. One for your side and one for the opposition. One of the other guys made a joke about my psychosis. It doesn’t bother me as most folk know I don’t work. The doctor who’se a really nice guy says to me no that isn’t right. I said in all honesty I’m schizophrenic with serious depression but I take my meds religiously. He said I do pretty well which is a compliment from a gp but still…

Psychiatry is an art in the modern world. He only sees me doing well in a certain situation. Ie cricket. I’ve found most doctors not to know the ins and outs of mental illness. Schizophrenia they see is often psychotics who aren’t on meds…so anyways. I think I blew the doctors mind today! You’ve got to love that! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.