Sometimes I wonder how this makes me sane

12 Likes

I call it “sanity in a handful”

3 Likes

I know right?! I was just thinking about my delusions… How do I know if they’re gone?

1 Like

Lol well I know I’m better then I use to be. I’m a little depressed but also relieved my delusions are pretty much gone. :sweat_smile: my hallucinations are gone, my anxiety is soooo much better, mood overall is better, my cognition has improved, I can feel my body naturally in control again, and I don’t obsess on things anymore so much. Thanks to these 5 pills.

I just wonder how the F these pieces of pharmaceutical chemicals can be so effective just by swallowing.

All 5 are important, if I didn’t take any of the 1/5 I’d feel really uncomfortable. But as it stands these pills are really helping and it’s mind boggling to me

2 Likes

What were your delusions?? I guess I know they’re gone cuz I’ve made peace with the fact it wasn’t real.

1 Like

I guess I had one where my mom was a replica of herself placed by the military. There’s this Sargent that’s always out to get me. I don’t know if it’s true or not, because there was a real Sargent after me when we were in the military. Or my husband I should say.

1 Like

Hmm I’ve thought my therapist was my mom and psychiatrist my dad and I was an experiment and everyone In my life was a paid actor. I also thought I was an alien and everyone was a robot and I was meant to be brought back to my home planet in dec 21 2012. But most of all I thought I was the chosen one. All my delusions were grandiose probably because my “ego” and “sense of identity” have been attacked many times in my life. So I compensated with grandiosity. God made the most sense to me. But now I’m just like chilling not worrying just happy with life it’s been quite a turnaround. I have pretty good perspective now that even my deepest delusions were delusions. Sometimes I wish they were true but pretty much know they weren’t. O well.

2 Likes

That’s great you found a good balance. I hope I can get there soon. My anxiety is down, so that’s a plus.

1 Like

The half of the pill wasn’t cut at the score… Shame on you lol . Is that Klonopin?

3 Likes

Lol yes it was I split it with my fingers. Maybe a bit uneven.

2 Likes

I think my abilify looks very similar to your blue pill there. It is interesting how such small pills can have such an impact on our brains.

1 Like

Ability is actually the pink! Blue is Zoloft

1 Like

Your my hand twin!! Were gonna be a millionaires!!! (It’s from friends?)

2 Likes

@Jonnybegood its a multi billion organisetion there

1 Like

I took drugs since I was 13 and now im taking a different type drug zyprexa

3 Likes

I agree with you! I take one Zyprexa pill in the early morning, and it boggles my mind that it’s what’s keeping me sane. That one little pill is a miracle.

I take Lexapro and Lamictal at night along with Melatonin, and that helps me sleep. Those tiny pills make a huge difference.

2 Likes

I went to through hell and back with meds. I’ve got a few more weeks for perphenazine to totally kick in.

Sanity is relative, I concentrate on being functional.

the meds are a suppressant

I’ve had miraculous results with meds. In some ways it suppresses. In other ways it drives me forward. When I was gone from the board I thought about yin and yang a lot. I think just like a lot of facets of life, you need a yin and yang of your position naturally in life in juxtaposition with the directions your meds put you in. Sorry for confusing vocabulary but until I found the right balance I was not functional. Now I can do more but my mind tells me I can do less. But it’s more realistic and grounded. I am fairly functional but I do what I have to. And every day I do a little bit more.