Sometimes I miss the structure of the hospital

I like having a set schedule. But I don’t have a healthy, normal one. I need to be better about it. This diet will help me a little because I can’t go eating willy nilly whenever I want. Here’s an example of how things might be scheduled in a hospital.

06am wake up
07am take shower
08am eat breakfast
09am take meds
10am snack
11am group
12pm lunch
01pm free time
02pm exercise
03pm snack
04pm doctor
05pm dinner
06pm group
08pm free time
09pm meds
10pm bedtime

Here’s How it might work for me.

06am wake up
07am breakfast
08am bath
09am meds
10am snack
11am free time
12pm lunch
01pm chores
02pm appointments/group
03pm snack
04pm free time
05pm dinner
06pm free time
09pm meds
10pm bedtime

2 Likes

In the hospitals I’ve been to there’s multiple group sessions a day. Plus other types of therapy like Art therapy, animal therapy, etc. I wonder if you could add a hobby or art or something to your day

1 Like

yes and I have to add walking too

1 Like

Sometimes I imagine being in the hospital forever. In some ways it’s a comforting thought.

1 Like

I’m good at making schedules but bad at following them. So I don’t really have one. I eat when I’m hungry and shower when I need one. And go to bed any time between 10pm and 1am
:laughing:

1 Like

I enjoyed the structure. I’m not very organized with my time at home

2 Likes

In the hospital i was in last time it was exercise once a week and relaxation once a week and craft once a week and music once a week and that’s all so the rest of the time was free time.

I mainly crewchetted.

I’m my other hospital stays there was less activities available.

Your hospital has a lot of activities daily.
My ones didn’t.
I was in public hospitals.

1 Like

I was allowed to crochet once when I wasn’t suicidal. They were ok with it because it was a plastic hook. Knitting would have been a huge no.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.