Sometimes I feel meaningless

I suppose my depression is speaking now, but really sometimes I really feel meaningless without any value.

5 Likes

Always, not just me but everything

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re feeling down in the dumps. You’ve had a very interesting life so far. Definetely not meaningless.

3 Likes

You have plenty of value.
It’s the depression talking.

4 Likes

It’s the depression talking. Your life is not meaningless just because you don’t have kids or a wife. I don’t have a husband or any children anymore and I don’t think my life is meaningless or without value. I volunteer everyday and that gives me purpose and value to my life. The people I work with need and appreciate me. And it gives me joy to work with them. Have you ever thought of volunteering @mjseu?

3 Likes

I devalue everything. I feel worthless sometimes. I consider it a philosophical position-holding views that are radically at odds with society but in the forefront of the times, which is a lot of BS.

1 Like

“every hair on your head is counted”. you are precious to God…please don’t give up. I think you lead an exciting life living where you live…such a nice looking guy too…don’t give up!

3 Likes

You are literally the center of the universe, that might make you feel better.

It could also be something like a mineral deficiency, such as folic acid, causing the depression.

There was a story on NBC Evening News here in the U.S. about a week or two ago, about words of wisdom that someone was posting on trees for the general public, and they said in one message, (if I can remember this), “You are known, you are seen, and you are enough.” I believe someone did a whole lot of searching and consideration to come up with that wisdom. It helped me get through a period when I felt meaningless, and maybe it will help some others. I am thankful for what would have taken so much personal struggle to find.

1 Like

Me again. I found the quote. It is, “You are worthy. You are seen. You are enough.”

Listen to some music

I’ve been told and I believe that meaning is something that is only found in relationships or has grown out of relationships.

Meaning is only found in a relationship with a Higher Power.

1 Like

That depression will run a number on u. U r suffering and there is meaning in that, if u were neutral maybe meaningless, but ur experience of pain is real and therefore cannot be meaningless unlike a twenty dollar bill.