Sometimes I am reluctant to post

With all that happens on this forum sometimes I am reluctant to post for people or about myself. Sometimes I feel my words wouldn’t help or do any good as it’s my point of view, and sometimes I am reluctant to post about my own short comings and struggles. I like to think I am high functioning and reasonable but sometimes I fall. Even neurotypical people fall for sure, I’ve seen some strong individuals break down. I usually don’t post my own problems (besides a few times) because I would rather help go to others than me. I’m good at bottling things up or even just getting over things sometimes and putting on a brave face for everyone or help them out. I would rather it be this way for the most part.

2 Likes

great thing about positive forums like this is anonymity. I don’t necessarily post my issues or problems either, I have a therapist for that. but it’s nice to bounce ideas off people with a commonality. you learn a few things, too, like how to navigate the whole disability thing. I wouldn’t be reluctant to post about anything; aside from your username and avatar photo, you are anonymous.

2 Likes

I spent a lot of time not posting personal things when I came to the forum, take your time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’re all human. We all make mistakes. No one is going to judge you on this site.

2 Likes

I’m reluctant too @pharoutphrog, I’m a little shy in everything I do even with the anonymity of this forum.

2 Likes

I feel reluctant to post also. I just stick to the silly off topic posts. I dont trust myself giving anybody advice.

2 Likes

I am the other way round. I am excited to post and interested to share. At times I think I am a foolish person because wise men "swift to hear, slow to speak."
So I think those who reluctant to post are doing the right thing.

3 Likes

I just try to be polite and respectful to everyone since we’re all going through our own unique problems even with the same illnesses. If someone can get something out of what I wrote, then that’s great actually. If not, then at least I got it off my chest. If they want to be volatile to me, then the respect and politeness go out the window. >.>

2 Likes

I like that. 15

2 Likes

I found out something after relapse is everything I do will come back ***** me back later, so yes, I am reluctant to post too, even this post…

1 Like

When it comes to public internet forums, I feel a bit like that “Ent” in the Lord of the Rings. "We never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say."
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0136471/quotes

Then I only end up with about an 80% “like” average for my posts, and I think: Not all of my stuff must have been worth taking all of that time to say after all. I should take more time thinking about it, and post less.

1 Like