Schizophrenia.com

Sometimes after a psychotic episode life seems boring

Sometimes after a psychotic episode life seems boring. I know its because the episode might be more intense than real life and also seem very real for a long period of time. I dont work so but try to keep busy. I walk and ride my bike daily, cook daily and do all the inside house chores. I read watch tv and utilize the internet in between. I still feel let downish and my therapist said its normal. What do people do all day when retired? I feel like life isnt as busy as when I have a episode yet its just my mind busy during a episode. The delusions keep me busy and now the delusions are gone and life seems a tad boring

5 Likes

Its more like sz negative symptoms and not bcz psychosis was intense.

I know what you mean

3 Likes

I feel you. I get bored when I’m well. I would rather be well, I just get bored. I’ve been stable so long I’m going to attempt to go back to work. That’s how bored I am.

1 Like

I’m told I’m psychotic now, but I exercise, cook, and clean. That’s all I can handle. I can’t even imagine life without being followed and recorded. The only thing I can suggest is adding different types of exercise to your life that you find enjoyable. Also, you can volunteer or work.

I was really let down when I found out I wasn’t rich and well known like I believed when I was ill…just a mentally ill house designer…be careful…that kind of thinking can lead to the downward spiral…if you need help come here…

2 Likes

You need hobbies. Try storm chasing or extreme weather photography. You’ll stop complaining after getting blown to the side of the road by a storm or nearly freezing off extremities chasing a good blizzard shot. Getting chased across a pasture by an angry bull is also very exciting.

1 Like