Something weird is going on

Sorry man, I thought you were looking for a reality check, not someone who can feed into your delusions. You are right, this is a pro psychiatry forum, because we are focused on recovery, and the best way to recover is through a combination of meds and therapy for most people. For those of us here, we can’t afford to entertain thoughts of the paranormal, because it triggers a relapse in us. If you want to discuss the paranormal, you would probably get the response you’re looking for at a forum about the paranormal, not a forum about managing schizophrenia symptoms. Here, all you’re going to get is people telling you to talk to a doctor. That’s the whole point of this forum.

3 Likes

Yes. Perfect, thank you. :smile:

There is no shortage of sites out there where people can discuss being targeted by ETs, alien implants, tracking tech, etc. I don’t go near them as I know they will make me worse, not better. I come here to hear how other people cope with recognizing and suppressing these delusions and hallucinations. Because I want this alien crap out of my head. Failing that, I want to stomp it into near silence (or as close as I can manage).

If you are looking to recover from delusions, you are welcome here. If you are looking to wind yourself up and make yourself sicker, also pulling others into your journey down that dark path, you should probably find somewhere else to socialize. The majority of the people here are looking to get better, not worse.

Meds + therapy is the best and most proven path to recovery from SZ/SZa and related symptoms at this point, so that’s the approach that this community will keep focusing on until something better comes along.

Sorry you are suffering distress from your symptoms @StarryNight and I hope you are seeking treatment to help deal with it.

Pixel.
(Wearing moderator hat)

3 Likes