Something im thinking today

if my parents weren’t my parents, i wouldn’t like them. and if i wasn’t their son, they wouldn’t like me. it’s a strange mix. they’ll keep praying for me and hope that i convert to their religion. im a disappointment to them probably.

3 Likes

i would feel the same about dad as i feel about his tuesday morning prayer meeting friends. a bunch of guys wanting power and influence and praying for it.

i don’t even like talking to these guys, who would just air my business to strangers if i told them anything.

You can’t choose your parents.

Family are there to look after each other though.

1 Like

I almost got sucked into a “religious vortex,” for lack of a better term. Pray the sz away basically. Meds = Satan to them. I got the fark away from them real quick and made it clear they were not welcome in my presence any longer.

2 Likes

it’s probably because Jesus healed the sick,

performed miracles. well, yes, I believe in miracles,
but I also believe in modern medicine.

the history of mental illness treatment is not good.

2 Likes

Lobotomy!!! 151515

yikes!

It’s funny you say this now. I have just spent the last few days realizing the same thing. My mom and I just didn’t like each other. We were two completely different people, with different personalities, and completely different value systems.

But… I know she cared about me. And I care about her too

I have gone through periods of despising my parents…

throughout every moment of it… I could ever imagine having any different ones.

They are obviously the only two people that I myself could come from. That both scientifically and philosophically correct… but emotionally… I’ve never wanted different ones.

Sure my mom is a little shallow… and yeah my dad is a burnt sociopath narcissist on one side… but Like I’d want to be introduced to different problems then I already have.

They are just people. Life was whole lot different circa 1960…

I love them. I do what I gotta do to keep them out of my way. They are unfortunately outdated and their opinions are as difficult as they are trite… but, oh well oh well. I just hope that they enjoy everything they can in life.

1 Like

you should read my poem, “The White Shirt”

I think it brought the house down when I read it to all in attendance.

spoke to my generation, about our fathers.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.