Schizophrenia.com

Something I think we all should acknowledge

I was reading a biography that Stephen Hawking wrote about himself and he said something about his illness that really moved me. So I though I would share it with all of you and I hope it helps.

He says, “I believe that disabled people should concentrate on things that their handicap doesn’t prevent them from doing and not regret those things they can’t do.”

After he says that he goes on about all of the things he’s has achieved while living with ALS. And it though his words of advise were very powerful.

I’ve lost a few IQ points, but I still have a lot left!

Jayster

I really liked that. I look at each day as another chance to try being happier each day…it took more family around me to realize I still can be happy…

I love Stephen Hawking’s theories…I have his book “The Universe in a Nutshell”
He has accomplished much considering the disability he has, and he has a sense of humor too.

He is a very inspiring person. I could see myself being able to talk to him for hours.

I loved his cameo on “Big Bang Theory”

Pessimist: “The glass is half-empty.”
Optimist: “The glass is half-full.”
Physicist: “Can I assume the glass is spherical and resides in a vacuum?”

quantum theorist: there is no glass, it is mostly a vacuum

Engineer: “The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.”
Neo: “There is no spoon.” …Uhhh, yup. Good observation?
Psychiatrist: “Use this to wash down all you meds.”
Schizophrenic: “IT’S POISON!” (Throws glass across the room)
Philosopher: “What is the purpose of this particular glass? Why does it only contain half it’s volume in liquid? Why is it called a ‘glass’ if it’s actually plastic? Why do I ask questions like this? Do I even exist? What if I only exist to ask questions about this glass…”

Scientific Philosopher: Why are we calling this a "glass’ when it is actually a cup or a goblet? A "glass’ could also mean a window, a dish, a bowl, a bottle, a jar, eyeglasses, telescope, beads, or numerous other items made with the silicate material known as glass.