Something I think about a lot

Every once in a while, I think back to when I was still married and lived in Tulsa. One morning I woke up for no apparent reason about 4 a m and went in the living room to wake up. I sat down on the couch in front of the window on the front of the house and suddenly I heard the screen window bending out of place and suddenly realized someone was trying to break in !! I got up and said something like WTF, and hit the blinds on the window. I then heard the screen on the window kind of make a “pulling away and out” sound. I really believe God woke me up at that exact moment so this intruder didn’t come in the house. Our car was outside and I know the intruder “knew” we were home. So why was he trying to get in except to maybe kill us or worse.? I thank God all the time that I woke up and probably saved our lives.

28 percent of burglaries involve people at home: good doors-windows prevent violent crime
September 30, 2010 by admin 3 Comments

Crime in America.Net

An estimated 3.7 million household burglaries occurred each year on average from 2003 to 2007.

In about 28% of these burglaries, a household member was present during the burglary.

In 7% of all household burglaries, a household member experienced some form of violent victimization (see below for press release and link)

1 Like

Every time I read or hear of someone claiming God saved them from some bad experience I’m reminded of the billions he leaves to die. Genocide, starvation, torture, babies dying horrific deaths, I guess you’re special in God’s eyes Jukebox.

I don’t blame you for saying that Malvok. You are an atheist and I can respect that. I am so tired of being attacked for my spirtual belief. Thanks for your mean comment.

1 Like

I’m not attacking your spiritual belief, I’m disagreeing that God saved you.

Poor nutrition causes nearly half (45%) of deaths in children under five - 3.1 million children each year.

http://www.wfp.org/hunger/stats

Tell me why he saved you and not them.

Whatever Malvok. I will keep my mouth shut from now on on your posts.

I guess that’s an appropriate response to the deaths of 3.1 million children a year.

ok, I’ll take the bait. I will explain about the starving children. Jesus said, “I am not of this world and My Kingdom is in Heaven” God doesn’t rule this earth the devil owns the world and all that happens in it. There is a lot of suffering in the world but it’s not God’s fault to be blamed. I don’t blame God for my illness, I know the devil sends illness, starvation and horridness all over this world. So NOW attack that.

So when babies die it’s the Devil in charge, but when God saves you from an unknown intruder, it’s God’s will? OK.

God is still here for those who seek Him.

Oh, so it’s your holiness that lead God to save you. Like I said Jukebox, you must be special.

I understand your being uncomfortable Malvok, after all. God is not within you. I am not trying to talk God with you. It’s not my intention to offend. I believe that these are the last days and so on like you can’t understand because you have no faith. I am not special and it’s not my place to defend God against a non believer. Spirituality is personal.

We don’t need to continue this, I think we’ve both made our points. You are more holy, so God saves you and let’s others die. I disagree, but hey, everyone has an opinion.