Something Curious I've Noticed

When I have social interactions with people with thick glasses (like eyesight glasses), for whatever reason, those people seem to treat me better. I wonder why that is. But they actually make eye contact with me and smile. Perhaps I am able to read their emotions better? Or since they have poor vision, they are less able to see that I’m “off”. Anyone have insight to this?

2 Likes

Some people with four eyes have nicer personality

1 Like

I exist to disprove your theory.

Eye contact?

Yuck.

:disguised_face:

1 Like

Confirmation bias

2 Likes

I think that smiles are free and the more you give one the more you get in return.

2 Likes

I used to avoid eye contact with people early in my illness. But now that I work again, I expect people to treat me with the same respect they did before my illness. But most people avert their gaze away from me, which I see as the utmost sign of disrespect a person can give you. I understand not liking eye contact, but as I have gotten lonelier, I miss that eye contact I used to make with people, and that connection that used to be made.

I will try to smile at people more, but it is hard for me to smile. But I will try harder.

It’s not disrespect, I just don’t want to look into your face or anyone else’s. I can do it and pass for normal when needed, but I don’t enjoy it and it drains me.

hmm… perhaps my social expectations have been slightly altered as I have gotten more ill. And I get you. I know some people prefer less eye contact.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.