Someone has stolen my identity

An unknown woman is using my social security number. I found this out at a bank when I tried to open a checking account there. The bank refused to open a checking account for me because they didn’t believe I was who I said I was because of this woman who is using my social security number. It’s a big mess. I have to notify the police and the three credit bureaus. And also my bank and my credit card company. I have to keep an eye on my bank and credit card and credit bureau statements. And I have to get ID theft insurance.

In the meantime, I have to tell my Avon customers that I can only receive checks for payment because my present bank is too far away to deposit cash into and I don’t have a car and I can’t drive and I know no one near who can take me to the bank every two weeks.

2 Likes

I got a phone call from the Bank trying to get me to sign up for ID Theft Insurance.

I told the guy that I owe so many people so much money, that the poor sap who steals my identity will never get a moment’s peace! :wink:

2 Likes

I just had to laugh at that. Thanks for the laughter.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @SkinnyMe. It sounds like you’re doing all the right things to take care of this situation.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.