Some schizophrenia treatment are being delayed

I’m not good w/ reading charts but I think it said NDA has already been submitted in the USA ? Not sure

The NDA application is not close to being submitted with phase 3 trials far from completion. The NDA will likely be submitted in the middle of 2023 at the soonest, if there are no problems with trials.

1 Like

Thank you, now I can see 2024… :slight_smile:

@swordiebrom so disappointed
This is the only med that deals with my negative symptoms

@maleget What do you mean? Were you in the trials?

So do we know how effective the med is on negatives ? Like with a point scale. I’m just trying figure out if this is another abilify.

For what its worth, this article says robust effect:
https://www.bioworld.com/articles/506167-sep-363856-is-associated-with-robust-improvement-in-negative-symptoms-of-schizophrenia

1 Like

Ok great, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel again

These are consumer graded ratings, so it may be more accurate? which means these ratings are rated by the consumers

Also, do they say which negative symptoms? since usually things that help with negative symptoms don’t seem to help with all negative symptoms. I just want my anhedonia and apathy gone, can care less about the other negative symptoms.

I do not see anything that breaks it down. About 30% of people in short trial dropped out due to lack of effectiveness or adverse events.

1 Like

30% is a lot of ppl dropping out. It suggest that it results in side effects similarly to how all the other antipsychotics are. Hopefully thats not the case.

Or,. it is not as effective perhaps.

Does anyone know if this medication can be mixed with other APs, such as, Abilify?

1 Like

No idea. It probably can. @angledangle dont you not experience any symptoms, why would you want to switch to ulotaront?

There’s only 34.6% dropping out, compared to placebo 31.6% dropped out, or 27 compared to 25, google sep 363856 discontinue trials and click on the nature.com link

It’s very effective at least according to phase 2 trials, panss score 22.6 compared to placebo 9.7 change.

There are talks to replace clozapine with this med

I read it is like Olanzapine in efficacy from how they interpreted the numbers of the phase 2 trials. I doubt it can replace Clozapine.

Would you know if either companies are working on similar lines and targeting the TAAR rather than the dopamine?

I personally think they will catch up soon. Especially, if phase 3 results come out positive.

I wonder if all companies will start making TARR receptor agonist drugs as opposed to dopamine agonost drugs. This could be an exciting time for schizophrenics. New medication that dosnt cause negwtive symptoms hopefully.

Ralmitaront TAAR agonist
Phase 2 ralmitaront trials ongoing according to wiki
trials
Was there once a sticky of pipeline for sz?

1 Like

There was, not sure where it went

1 Like