Some people think im rich

I was generally talking to a friend … she returned from a trip in Switzerland with her husband and was saying how she wished she stayed longer … i said it would be amazing to get a flat on a mountain in Switzerland…

She seemed to get upset … she said im not rich like you maybe you can get me a flat there …

I was only trying to talk about it as its also a dream of mine… can’t we dream?

Also if I was rich as she thinks I am i would not be living at home i would have left years ago…

My mum might be rich from her point of view but that doesn’t make me rich …

1 Like

People get jealous but that is no slight on you. Your friend sounds like to me that they are being an ass…

We all can’t pick our parents or our social status when we come into the world. We are reliant on our parents…that isn’t your problem. It’s your friends…

1 Like

I talk to my partner about getting a property there or in Singapore… doesn’t mean I will but I do like to dream of winning the lottery … i wasn’t trying to cause her offence… i was trying to have a fun talk…

Also mum is struggling with two mortgages but all she (friend) sees is she’s rich with three properties… and everytime i tell her I can’t afford a trip away she always says ask your mum … i don’t feel comfortable doing that…

1 Like

Yeah it’s all cool. Property is complicated because you still need to pay the bills. Your friend sounds like they’ve no idea but that isn’t unusual. Do you @anon80629714 . Just be civil and supportive and if they are bad friends let them go…

1 Like

my mum wouldn’t have an issue paying for me to go on trips but I dont feel comfortable … and I dont want to get into that habit… sure sometimes I do but there’s a limit to it

she clearly doesn’t have a clue… she lives with her husband her sis and her husband … they all help … my mum is alone … i can’t afford to help out on what I usually earn… i don’t want to make things more difficult for her

1 Like

Yeah sounds nothing out of the ordinary. My parents helped me pay for an overseas trip I never came back from. These days I stay and help pay the bills.

Least I can do and know some family obligation. I don’t think you’ve anything to worry about. Your friend doesn’t know your stuff and I don’t think that is any of their business anyways…It’s all good.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.