Some of us are better off

My bro, you are less than 2 weeks off meds. You quit cold turkey without guidance or oversight. You mistook the relief of lowered stress levels for being cured and are setting yourself up for a major relapse.

3 Likes

Who am I to judge whom should be on antipsychotic’s and whom should not. I can only tell about my own life of being on antipsychotics. I just want to say that I’ve been popping pills for almost 30 years and haven’t had one single day where I didn’t take antipsychotics the last 3 decades. I get very psychotic and manic and sleepless a few days after tapering. The last severe psychosis happened during last week were I’d lowered my Seroquel with 200 mg. I just don’t want that to happen again. I accept now that I’ve to take 500 mg Clopixol every 3 week!and 500 mg Seroquel by mouth and 160 mg Zipresidone by mouth for the rest of my life. Besides I’m severely treatment resistant Schizophrenic. My nurse says it’s a very rare symptom clusters I’ve.got.

I’m okay off meds until I’m not. And when I’m not okay I’m really NOT okay.

I’ve never been one to do things in half measures.

1 Like

Maybe not as bad though if you stayed on your meds.

Well like my psychiatrist said, its your choice to decide whether you want to be off meds or on them but the next time you are off meds, you might not be bought to a hospital anymore and instead to somewhere else if you know what I mean

One can only hope.