Schizophrenia.com

"Some of it has to come from you"

This is currently the main message I get from my CPN

I honestly don’t know what else I can give, but I am trying to understand what I need to do

What do you think it would mean you physically have to do/change to meet this requirement?

2 Likes

That is advice i think a lot of people need to hear. You are not one of them. I have never seen you do anything except try, and adapt, and keep fighting. I hope you fiond the things that help soon.

7 Likes

I agree with ninja star, you’re one of the few when it comes to the amount of effort you invest.

3 Likes

I would specifically ask what steps she suggest you take. Maybe she doesn’t realize how much you’re already doing?

3 Likes

I just got a vague ‘figure it out for yourself, I can’t tell you what the right thing is, as it’s different for me and you’

2 Likes

Yeah, that sounds more like she doesn’t know how to help you. Do you have a therapist?

What symptoms are you struggling with the most?

1 Like

I did, but apparently everything is solved after 20 sessions. They tried to get me back into it, but the head of psychology refused. So unless I pay a lot of money, there is no more therapy.

Psychosis is under control. My main concerns at this time is depression and anxiety. I also never got any support for autism, as there is no provisional for adults here, only children in schools get help

2 Likes

Thanks @ninjastar :slight_smile:

& yourself @Cragger

I was just a bit taken back as I don’t know what else I can possibly do, and the person telling me not having suggestions confused me

They must just be throw away comments or something I guess

3 Likes

Yeah, I was wondering if it was depression or negatives. When I’ve had depression it’s always been treatment resistant and doctors would tell me I needed to put in more effort constantly. It drove me crazy.

I’m sorry they dropped your therapy. I wish therapy was more valued than it is. Liked, as soon as you hit puberty everyone should have to start seeing a therapist like you do a dentist. Couple times a year unless something comes up, then you go in as often as needed until the issue is fully resolved. Then back to a couple times a year. Forever.

3 Likes

Depression can be managed by being active and creative, which is hard when you’re depressed. Are you doing this? Social contact is also important.

Anxiety takes many forms, but depending how it affects you, it can be managed with; body-scan meditation, mindfulness, CBT skills (e.g. thought labelling), addiction recovery, repeat exposure therapy, a healthy diet, exercise, and sleep. Are you keeping up with these?

1 Like

I don’t find that comment helpful at all. I would just ignore what she says.

1 Like

Ive heard that phrase alot as well from mental health professionals. In my case it was not to expect the medication to be a silver bullet - and learn some coping skills myself.

It is partly true in my case - but i reckon it can be a cop out as well.

1 Like

I think your CPN was just making a sweeping generalization. Obviously they are off the mark

1 Like