Some news finally

I’m finally out of the hospital. I’m not supposed to put weight on it but too late for that. As soon as my father in law heard I was out he lectured me.

I’ll tell you a little story about following post-surgery instructions:

When I was 19, I had work done on my right elbow. I was obeying the surgeon’s instructions to the T.

When I was 30, I had the exact same surgery done on the left elbow. I blew the doctor’s warnings off and didn’t wear the brace. I thought it was too encumbering, so I said to hell with it. That was a big mistake. My left elbow is numb, tingles, and “itches” but I can’t scratch it away. I did further nerve damage to it, and my sutures ripped, turning the incision line into a one-inch wide scar. Now I kick myself in the ass.

See what I’m saying here?

You’re not anyone’s servant, @cbbrown. You don’t take orders from anyone. Especially if someone is being harmful or promoting something harmful to you, you have a responsibility to not listen to them. I’m going to be blunt here, so let me apologize ahead of time…Your in laws are pieces of ****.

3 Likes

My mother-in-law is a sociopath…

But after all of these years and out of respect for my wife, I’ve never said ‘boo’ to her.

Keep your pride with regards to your in-laws, @cbbrown…and just be supportive of your significant other. Sometimes it’s the things we don’t do or say that garner you respect and speak volumes.

2 Likes

The cast was cut to make room for swelling but the swelling was minor and I walked on the cast. It’s now falling apart. So my partner put my ankle boot on me.

Some would call that regard for your wife old-school. I would call it class. Good advice @Patrick.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.