Somatic OCD/Agoraphobia/Panic Attacks

I have this unhealthy obsession with focusing on my breathing. Breathing is supposed to be something humans do without thinking about it.

I have this fear of having a panic attack while walking somewhere in public where there is no where for me to sit down and calm down. I have a fear of not being able to breathe out in public and causing an embarassing scene.

This has lead me to rarely getting out of the house. When I do, I take cab’s/uber’s everywhere. Even when the distance is short and the weather is decent I still refuse to walk and will call a cab/taxi. I know it sounds crazy… but I have a fear of walking.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Or know someone who’s gone through something similar?

I know none of you are doctors but what’s your opinion of this?

It’s so bad i’m scared to go to Walmart and walk around incase I start having trouble breathing and have a panic attack in public. So i’ve been getting all my groceries delivered to my house.

1 Like

I have a similar issue, I focus intensely on my breathing and fear a heart attack, but it doesn’t lead to agoraphobia. That sounds awful

1 Like

It is awful. It’s affecting my quality of life in an extremely negative way.

Thanks for the reply Grookey.

1 Like

Ive always focused on my breathing, still do since i started having panic attacks.
I have agoraphobia like you but i can go out ten mins away with hubby usually in the car. I get groceries delivered because often i can’t face going out
The breathing thing is fear of having a panic attack im sure thats why we do it

1 Like

I saw a video on yt about a guy with breathing ocd, i think antidepressants helped him, they are prescribed for ocd. I think you’re already on one though

1 Like

I’m sorry. It sucks so much. Wishing you all the best.

1 Like

Yeah man i’m on one already, Cipralex.

1 Like

My grandpa had a heart attack at a young age so it’s always on my mind too. Im overweight.

1 Like

Bumping this

1 Like