Somatic Experiencing

Be silent and listen: have you recognized your madness and do you admit it?
JUNE 11, 2014 BY MONICA CASSANI
This lovely quote from Carl Jung’s Red Book is in keeping with the quote from James Hillman’s A Blue Fire from yesterday. Accepting and embracing all that is within is. It’s been a constant practice during this time of great healing for me. The practice and the education of a lifetime. It is the crux of the wounded healer’s journey it seems.

Be silent and listen: have you recognized your madness and do you admit it? Have you noticed that all your foundations are completely mired in madness? Do you not want to recognize your madness and welcome it in a friendly manner? You wanted to accept everything. So accept madness too. Let the light of your madness shine, and it will suddenly dawn on you. Madness is not to be despised and not to be feared, but instead you should give it life…If you want to find paths, you should also not spurn madness, since it makes up such a great part of your nature…Be glad that you can recognize it, for you will thus avoid becoming its victim. Madness is a special form of the spirit and clings to all teachings and philosophies, but even more to daily life, since life itself is full of craziness and at bottom utterly illogical. Man strives toward reason only so that he can make rules for himself. Life itself has no rules. That is its mystery and its unknown law. What you call knowledge is an attempt to impose something comprehensible on life.” ― C.G. Jung, The Red Book

My personal experience reflects PTSD as the source of my “schizophrenia” or energy & mood symptoms. I know my mom has experienced a lot of pain, her symptoms began after she was jailed for a protest and refused to post bail. I believe the majority of people with schizophrenia are actually in extreme states of shock and trauma that is not being treated and addressed. Being diagnosed with schizophrenia only perpetuates the confusion and trauma of trying to cope with personal situations. In my case, I have addressed some issues, but have not actually recovered from my trauma through our current system of psychiatry.

http://www.psychotherapy.net/article/healing-trauma-somatic

This is something I’ve been into for quite some time.

Healing trauma, PTSD, and other mental health issues can be achieved by teaching a person how to control their internal and external reactions to conflict and stress.

One such method would be to improve how the mind/brain/body connection perceives a threat or conditions its own impulse reactions. It also explains why people develop certain phobias based on past experiences or preconceived ideas about an object or experience.

So my thinking is that you would teach a person to associate between two objects which are similar to the object in their phobia. This would be done more in a “play” like session where the client would use their imagination to slowly de-condition their perceptions from fear and anxiety over a similar object.

The only thing that I don’t like about the somatic experience in therapy is that it could be used as a tool of social manipulation as has been done to politicians. CBT and other forms of psychotherapy are useful tools. Knowing what you want out of it and how it will improve your situations, and know that you are in control of your own destiny.

http://septalk.com/

2 Likes

Interesting…

The experience of it is traumatizing, but wasn’t caused by trauma.

They just invaded my brain, which was very traumatic.

And when i ask them what they want and they say “for you to kill yourself” that is traumatic.

The reality of having to ingest poisons or get tortured by them is traumatic to.

Schizophrenia in my case is someone and not something. I know this because they showed me, even physically harming me before.

And almost every last one of my visuals are also seen by shaman and others as well.

You don’t just begin looking at the clock at 3 after seeing an alien over and over for no reason, you don’t see pan during “psychosis” which is also seen by shaman for no reason, and you don’t look at the clock at 1111 or 333 or 111 or 222 or 444 or 555 or 616 or 911 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over for no reason.

You don’t smell sulfur after seeing an alien because of a mental disease.

Voices don’t predict things and tell you where things are because of a mental disease, they don’t crack jokes using what time it is when you don’t know what time it is because of a mental disease.

You aren’t shocked and burned while they appear because of a mental disease caused by traumatic events.

And a goddamn witch at a bar who yells at you that he is a witch after making you visually hallucinate doesn’t do that because of a mental disease caused by trauma.

Destroy this place God, kill this entire place, kill me also while you are at it, ■■■■ this place, may it die. Set us who suffer free.

1 Like

I always look at the clock at either 911 or 1111. I also got two hotels on oppiste sides of the beach with the number 311 which means the ancestors are watching over and guarding you from harm. When I’ve heard a voice it was insightful and not loud or demeaning or cruel. It was singular, and warning of situations that were to come that were preventable. A psychic girl told me her phone randomly searched NYC when I asked a place I should avoid or might die in or most likely to die in. My friend is obsessed with NYC and wants to take me there for his birthday. My ex boyfriend had a dream that he woke up in the hospital after almost dying and his wristband said 6/24/2014. That’s the birthday of the person who wants to go to NYC. He tried to keep me away from my friend but my ex and I had a big fight over stuff.

The “premonitions” and visions have never been wrong. My dreams sometimes foretell events years in advance. My ex’s blood cell count is dangerously low and they just released the information to him. It’s life threatening. This was the dream I had in the hospital when I was seventeen. I do love him but i’m very hurt and upset over how he’s treated me lately.

His mom flipped out at me after she said she was returning my stuff if I brought her receipt book back then accused me of stealing receipts. Like really?

I found random synthetic drugs on my bed stand that are unmarked, opened, and I never bought in plain site. My ex’s mom was trying to accuse me of a bunch of random stuff that felt like extortion, theft, and harassment.

But IDK IDC. there’s a tall ladder leading to the top porch which leads to mom’s bedroom no wonder she’s been sleeping downstairs while my dad’s across the otherside of the world. And of course all these things happen while he’s gone. Everyone’s after a hard worker’s money these lazy ■■■■■. My mom thinks she applied for shared housing which could be what’s leading to all this weird stuff at the house. I need to make sure none of my dad’s stuff is missing from his room.

Peace out