Sold a painting!

@Peace18, I’m sorry for the delay in my response. My son is visiting and wanted to watch a movie :blush: I like your work because it’s honest. There’s a purity to abstract expression that I really appreciate. Thank you for sharing! I did not finish my degree. I was a real mess for awhile. It’s just like having bullies following me around telling me I can’t accomplish anything, you know? Anyway, I got a job as a framer at a little art place, and then I married a sociopath, had a baby, got divorced, moved in with my folks… So busy :blush: I regret not finishing a degree and hope my son will.
You use oils! Such patience! Acrylics have improved in color quality which I’m grateful for, but still don’t quite match the depth of oils.

1 Like

I like it. Very tense. The numbers give such a sense of impending doom.

1 Like

This one makes me a bit emotional. Effective…or affective…:heart:

1 Like

Oh, yes. A few times I painted the demons, not angels…some angels may look dark and imposing, but they’re not fallen. Anyway, I believe those paintings gave embodiment to the demons so I cut them up. A few others were just ugly landscapes that I didn’t like. I do paint over things when I run out of canvas sometimes too. How about you?

1 Like

Thank you @Minnii! @HuckFinn @Jimbob, so glad you all like it!

1 Like

The etching is titled train of thoughts and has been a favorite, so much the I tried to paint it twice last month

I have destroyed work also that I thought had been poisoned or corrupted, at one time, I couldn’t go in my studio because the evil spirits were in there and I couldn’t get them to leave

1 Like

YOUR art work is AMAZING id love to be able to do art like you do but i have no talent
where you have lots of talent

1 Like

You have been thru a lot, I would encourage you to finish your degree, but that may be easier said, maybe online courses,

It is good that despite the hardships, you persevered and continue to create,

Thank you for the critique of my work, it is encouraging to know so many like it and that it’s more positive

I agree about acrylics, the bright vibrant colors available in acrylics keep me with them

Stay creative!!

2 Likes

Thank you, I think we all have talents in one form or another, for me, creating art helps me especially when things are the worst, at times, it’s what holds me to this reality

1 Like

I like your art works!

Jayster

1 Like

Thank you so much! It has been good to be able to share it here