Social security knew two weeks ahead of third stimulus

the president administration notified social security two weeks before the third stimulus arrived to send info on it’s members !! I hope someone loses their job!

2 Likes

I’m not sure what this means. What did social security know?

2 Likes

Supposedly some government officials are blaming the big wigs at SSA for incompetent leadership.

I doubt anything will move any faster even with the finger pointing.

-S

1 Like

the administation according to Stephen Gardner, an advocate and announcer on the stimulus check, gave SSA the heads up to send the info for members accounts to the i r s so that the stimulus checks would be given out and nobody responded. bad bad.

2 Likes

I still don’t get it.

Are you upset you haven’t received payment yet?

1 Like

So if I understand correctly, the SSA was supposed to report who was on SSI/SSDI and should be receiving a stimulus payment, but they never responded,and now nobody has their payment yet?

1 Like

exactly @ninjastar yes @anon54386108 I am furious.

2 Likes

You need to calm down.

There are people out there that have actually had their pay disrupted by COVID.

They’re being patient, you should too.

Damn.

1 Like

Let’s not turn this into a debate over who deserves to feel stressed over poverty and who doesn’t. The pandemic has been hard on all of us. @jukebox used to get paid for guitar gigs, and now doesn’t. His pay has been disrupted. And even if it hadn’t he still has a right to be upset that money he budgeted for hasn’t arrived because of incompetence in the paper pushing department.

4 Likes

@jukebox

Could you please document your sources?

I think he’s talking about how we social security recipients had to fight to get our first stimulus check, which was delayed. I haven’t gotten my third check yet either, and I ‘m assuming Jukebox didn’t get theirs. I believe Jukebox is referring to the fact that social security was supposed to give our info so that we could have gotten our checks with everyone else, like the second check was.

1 Like
1 Like

I get SSDI and none of my stimulus checks, of the three, were slow. I was not the first to get mine, but I did get all of them within the first week. Who knows what’s really going on. Government bureaucracy; never expect Uncle Sam to be efficient.

1 Like

Why not just file taxes? That’ll give you your stimulus checks with everyone else without having to rely on whatever is going on.

2 Likes

we the people on social security will get the stimulus checks soon…any day now according to Stephen Gardner…

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ll get the stimulus check soon @jukebox. Try not stress about it too much.

2 Likes

yes I guess I should apologize to @anon54386108 I’ve calmed way down from where I was when I posted this fresh with the info…I’m happy just to still be getting it and as a matter of fact all this time on my hands waiting on the check has made me prioritize what gets spent and what gets saved…when the stimulus checks were being released on the 17th I probably just would have blown the whole thing…happy now.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting a year. No cashy money for me. All those cameras I could have bought.

:sob:

3 Likes

At least yall are getting stimulus checks. Some of us aren’t so lucky :confused:

1 Like

I’m behind on medical bills and I have $0 to my name right now so I’m crossing my fingers that I’ll get some relief soon. Trying to find a job but not exactly lucking out with that lol. Part and parcel of living in a very rural area where there’s basically nothing.

3 Likes