Social disinhibition

My brother just told me that I should stay on Risperdal as on other meds and off meds I have social dishinibition and that it can be dangerous. Whats social disinhibition? Is that a symptom of sz?

I read the definition but don’t fully understand it.

“In psychology, disinhibition is a lack of restraint manifested in disregard of social conventions, impulsivity, and poor risk assessment. Disinhibition affects motor, instinctual, emotional, cognitive, and perceptual aspects with signs and symptoms similar to the diagnostic criteria for mania. Hypersexuality, hyperphagia, and aggressive outbursts are indicative of disinhibited instinctual drives”

Is it mania or like mania?

I experienced all these symptoms before being on Risperdal. My brother is so right.

1 Like

i’m not sure what it is… i find it hard understanding it…

1 Like

I read it as:

It means an inability to behave and relate to social conventions / norms, for example when you are with your friends and family… impulsivity and poor risk management, could mean for example compulsive gambling, and violence.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.