Social anxiety :(

Hey guys. My SzA symptoms are relatively under control. For that, I am very happy.

The biggest issue I’ve been dealing with now is social anxiety. It’s tough for me to work up the gumption to leave the house and when I do, it can be hard for me to interact with others. I take vistaril and it doesn’t help with the anxiety. I have tried propranolol in the past as well, but it didn’t really work either.

I’ve been working with my therapist to overcome this social anxiety. He wants me to get out more and calls it “expanding my comfort zone”. Unfortunately, the anxiety is still sticking around and ultimately feels like it’s limiting me in life.

I’m curious, what (if anything) has helped your social anxiety? I noticed it seems like a lot of you guys also deal with social anxiety.

For me one thing that helps is really looking after myself and positive morning affirmations.

1 Like

Ty for response. What do you mean by looking after yourself? Diet/exercise or something?

1 Like

Yea just the basic things it’s getting down to actually doing them whilst on meds that’s the hard part.

Your welcome :hugs:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.