Sobriety reset date

@Minnii i feel no guilt in enjoying my beer i would say in the AA, and i will continue to have my beer…

I know you don’t :smile: Be careful with yourself

There is daily AA meetings here too, but its far away from home. The nearest one is once a week on tuesdays

i take long breaks from drinking it is only phazes of drink i go through

i must admit some people should not drink

2 Likes

im catholic and took the pelge on my confirmation when i was 12 broke it on the same day by drinking cider, only a pint

sure didnt jesus turn water into wine for a wedding gathering?

If you like drinking then drink. If you like sobriety then don’t drink. No one should be judged either for drinking or for abstaining.

You get weird looks here too if you say you don’t drink. Wish it were otherwise.

2 Likes

What country are you in? All I know it’s some place in Europe and not England

One of the Scandinavian countries. We drink a lot.

Yeah one of the weird moments after I took the sip was that a classmate of mine came later and we were talking about that wine, and I said I tasted it and it was good and she was happy I drank. Seriously, it’s twisted. She knows I had issues with alcohol. Got me wondering if I could call her a friend, I got really sad with that.

1 Like

I get that it made you sad. Maybe she was a little drunk and just thought alcohol = joy. IDK. But if she keeps trying to sabotage your sobriety I wouldn’t call her a friend.

In USA the conversation goes something like

“I don’t drink”

“Really??? Cmon just 1!!!”

“Nope I really don’t drink”

“Wow that’s really honorable of you. I probably should stop drinking too” (proceeds to get more fucked up)

Gives you a sticker and a piece of candy.

1 Like

I think it’s weird that someone would think it is honorable not to drink. Like really weird. Unless you are extremely religious or something.

She wasn’t drunk, she had just arrived to the party. I think the thing is that alcohol is so socially mandatory, people are scared and kind of offended in a sense that it puts their drinking in perspective, they kind of want to sabotage others sobriety.

That makes sense. I think it’s like this here too, but I don’t have personal experience with being a non-drinker. And I am fine with people not drinking at parties. I don’t think I treat them differently.

Since I was 18 3/4 I’ve been told I have a drinking problem and I need to be sober for 7 years straight

I only started drinking when I was 18 1/2.

Sobriety is the culture for many adults here

1 Like