Sobriety is hard

I don’t know, but I’m thinking about looking into it.

1 Like

No, jesus, you’re missing the point. You choose to go into a thread about wanting to drink, but not wanting to because of possible addiction, and then you go “hurp durp I enjoy beer nothing wrong with that”.

It’s like going into a thread about cocaine addictions and saying “I just snorted a line, I feel great!”

Try to show some consideration!

2 Likes

you want to argue whatever

And you want to troll like a douche

1 Like

I don’t want to argue. I want you to admit you were inappropriate and apologise like a decent human being.

1 Like

Stop it!
If you can’t respect the struggle, don’t participate.

The point of this thread is that I don’t want to drink because I fear it’s becoming a habit that might turn into a problem down the road.
You’re not making it easier

Dude your a schmuck, people are trying to get help here, not make their problems worse.

1 Like

I wish i could help with good advice but I’m not an addict myself.
Stay strong @Pikasaur :muscle:

1 Like

Would you please just leave the thread before I say something I’m going to regret?
Leave me alone if you’re not going to help me, this is a thread for support

1 Like

don’t ever speak to me again then

Fine. 1515151515

Thankfully there is an ignore feature, see you in 4 months @san_pedro

1 Like

So anyways, I feel like all I do is eat to keep the cravings at bay

1 Like

Maybe get rid of the beer in the fridge. Its pretty easy to talk myself out of doing the right thing when the wrong thing is a few steps away.

Have you ever been to a detox? I don’t know how bad your dependency is atm.

I gave 10 years as an alcoholic too. It’s really hard to adjust to life without it. I don’t have much to add as I’m still struggling with it myself

1 Like

No, never. I used to drink a few times a week when I did drugs, but I quit 4 years ago and now I get drunk maybe once every month and have a couple of beers between that.
So it’s no that my addiction is heavy or anything, I just worry it could be

1 Like

You could probably try an outpatient treatment at a detox if you have one close. But if you don’t feel you can stop, it might be a good idea to just go in and spend a couple weeks away from your triggers. Detox centers aren’t like psych hospitals, they allow much more freedom.

Yes it’s hard. Sometimes I just want to forget about my problems and there’s not the escape I once had with alcohol and drugs. AA Is a great idea. I should go too but I won’t. A book seems to help if its right and music. It’s all about finding little things to weave sober time together using. AA I like the fellowship

I only went to one AA meeting ever. I stood up and told them how drink would make me lie, cheat and steal. They were a very supportive group. It’s good to attend because it’s a reminder of the destruction drink can do, people seem to forget after abstaining for a while. I’ll go back if I ever have cravings like I used to have

1 Like