Schizophrenia.com

So watched an hour of a movie in one sitting. Pretty pleased with myself

I am pleased with that. The meds I am on make concentration hard but I realise the pills I am on are the only ones that work for me so I have to make do and mend.

I don’t want to try adhd meds or activating APs like abilify. They don’t suit me well.

So what I got is what I got. I gotta play the cards I have.

Ps the movie was terrible! Lol

12 Likes

If you are extremely bored, watch all of the Lord of the Rings extended editions in one sitting. See now even I couldn’t do that. Lol but I do want to know what you watched!

1 Like

Well done, you. Keep pushing yourself mate, this is progress.

:heart:

1 Like

Are you dealing with akathisia? That’s the only thing that made it hard for me to watch extended periods of stuff.

Last night I watched 5 episodes of a show that is 1.5 hours per episode. My akathisia has been gone since my California doctor adjusted my Zyprexa from 10mg to 7.5mg.

Back when I had akathisia, it got so bad sometimes that I watched TV standing up.

1 Like

My akathisia is pretty well controlled now. Honestly don’t know what makes it so hard for me to watch movies - isn’t a physical thing. Maybe it’s a little bit like the troubles some folk here Have in getting a shower: really hard to explain/describe but strongly felt all the same.

I will watch the rest of the movie later. Is ‘behind enemy lines’

I thought Gene Hackman might save the movie if he was as good as in crimson tide but unfortunately the movie sucks

1 Like

I agree with you. You should watch Gremlins. Hilarious.

1 Like

Gremlins is a kick ass movie for sure. I am pretty fond of gremlins 2 - the new batch. Have you seen it?

1 Like

Seen all of them but I think the first is the best.

1 Like

I remember that movie, I thought it was pretty good. Owen Wilson gets caught behind enemy lines during recon or something.

1 Like

I can watch for long periods of time but my issue is that I rarely like to watch something, I only like mafia related movies and tv series plus Family Guy. I am too picky, I only have 3 TV series I watch every year and 5 movies a year.

1 Like

Have the same problem. Just can’t concentrate for that long on a movie but I’ve been pushing myself to watch more. I usually get one done in like 3 sittings. Not the best but working on it.

1 Like

Good going @Jimbob!

1 Like

I have a hard time concentrating on/enjoying movies(and other things) also. So congrats to you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.