So tonight was cool

I am part of an autism foundation for adults that I have been a part of for 5 years now. I’ve gone through a lot and I’ve succeeded in a lot of ways. So last week I wrote a speech for the biggest fundraiser they have every year. I am the first client to ever do this at one of them. The speech was about where I was 5 years ago and my journey through the 5 years. I wrote about the bad and the good. The crowd was made up of 250+ people and believe me walking up on the stage alone was nerve racking. I talked for 9 minutes and had the audience applaud me for 2 successes I wrote about in the end they all stood up and applauded me. To be honest it was so cool to see so many people stand up and cheer for me after telling my story, I didn’t know what to do but stand awkwardly and smile like an idiot. After that I had random strangers from the crowd coming up to me and congratulating me and shaking my hand. Some even came and said really nice things to me and had conversations. Well it was quite the experience and I never knew my story would get them all standing, but I feel pretty proud for what I achieved.

8 Likes

You should be very proud of yourself. Sharing your story will bring inspiration and hope to others. Speaking to such a large crowd is not for the faint of heart!

1 Like

Thanks! It was terrifying xD

2 Likes

Really good for you @dannyboy6657!
It takes courage to do what you did.
Bravo!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Aww I’m glad you got to experience that reaction and that it went well! Should be proud of yourself, we all are! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Wow, @dannyboy6657, that’s impressive!
Good job for talking to all those folks from up on the stage, Very brave indeed!

1 Like

I’m proud of you too @dannyboy6657. Good for you! Good job!

1 Like