So the men have sent people

Really what it comes down to is : I don’t think its wise to reinforce your beliefs, and it would be against the rules of unusual beliefs to do so, but in the immediate future you need to deal with the potential consequences of what you believe and try to eliminate any problems they may cause in your job.

As much as I’m tempted to try to argue the case that therre are no men following, it’s very unlikely to make an impact in the short term.

3 Likes

I understand I need to try to not believe it. It’s just so hard. I feel like there’s evidence everywhere.

I will talk to my therapist about it at my next appointment

2 Likes

Don’t say anything. It’s in your head. The men are not real.

I have confronted people like a lunatic and I still cringe about it because it was in my head.

1 Like

Also I accused one of my friends and even threatened him.

1 Like

Yeah, @Bowens is right. You’re both right. You don’t want to do anything to jeopardize your job and you don’t want any negative attention. I don’t know if it is a good idea to confront some stranger but if you see these men all over, if it was in a safe place I was just throwing out the idea that maybe it would be a good reality check to talk to one of these men and see for yourself that your mind is playing tricks on you. But just do it only if it is safe to do so.

2 Likes

One of your most defining traits is that you have boundless empathy, and you are good at seeing things from another person’s point of view. I wonder if you can use that to your advantage.

All people are people, regardless of their job. Even spies. So, you can tell yourself there are two possibilities:

1. These are manifestations of your anxiety. They don’t exist.

2. These are men are real. That means they are people. They have hopes and dreams and fears. They have favorite colors, and they brush their teeth. They have people they love. They have memories from when they were children. And they have a job that they do because it puts a roof over their head and keeps food on the table. It might be a strange job, but everyone needs to make money somehow. You can just all earn your paycheck together.

I found it was a lot harder to be afraid of the spies when I imagined them washing their own socks at the end of the day.

6 Likes

I’m going to try that. Thanks @NinjaComet

1 Like

Keep it to yourself, talk to your therapist as soon as possible.

People don’t care about us unless they are family or close friends. Nobody does. It’s actually kind of sad. Only celebrities will ever know what it’s like to be cared about by more than a handful of people in the big picture.

The idea that the polar opposite is true and everyone is interested in you moreso than the president or a top 5 pop singer, is just too out there to consider for a moment.

If I were working and dealing with paranoia like this I would try to get my shifts down to 4 hour maximum.

I work, and I only do a few shifts a week, 3-4 hours tops. We never stay after the fourth hour because the office closes down and they kick everyone out. It’s a great way to avoid getting frazzled, keeping shifts short if possible.

2 Likes

@CoCo delusional thought…that’s all it is…there are no men following you…total paranoia.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry about it. No one is that interesting to be followed around for years for no reason. I would just remind myself that I’m not that special.

1 Like

One way of looking at it is if you think these are government spies or government agents and it’s true, then you are costing the government vast sums of money. Hypothetically, if these are agents then they must be getting paid and the money it must cost to coordinate and pay a bunch of people to follow you for years would run into the tens of thousands of dollars.

If these guys are showing up wherever you go and watching and following you then you are costing the government tens of thousands of dollars. If they are really watching you, wouldn’t they know by now after all these years that there is nothing to see?

Why would the government spend all that money to watch someone go to the store a hundred times and watch someone go to the gym or wherever you go? I mean I know delusions are illogical but if you could reason it out, why would you going to the store or to the Dollar Store be worth all the time and trouble these theoretical men theoretically watch you. Are you that important?

Have you got special knowledge that they are spending all this time and effort to extract from you? Do you know important people who they want information about? Probably not. You’re just some woman living her life, everybody is special and unique but you’re not that special.

1 Like

I’m not trying to convince you it’s real but let me tell you my thoughts so you understand

Back in 2008, they thought I was in the CIA. Then they discovered I wasn’t. Now they think I’m a spy for another country.

I’m not saying this to avoid help, but rather to explain. A lot happened back from 2008-2014 when I stopped leaving the house. I believe they like me staying home all the time because it’s like house arrest.

2 Likes

OK, if they’re watching you closely and any of them have any of the intensive training and experience that it takes to surveil someone for years and years then why haven’t they figured out after 15 years that you are not even close to being a spy? After watching you for just a short time they should have been able to figure out immediately that you are not a spy.

1 Like

Yeah. Hearing you say that makes sense.

At the same time it’s hard to discredit my experiences because they’re so real.

But I will keep repeating all that to myself.

1 Like

OK, I don’t want to offend you or anything like that. Just thought that maybe I could show you that you can reason out that this is not really happening. I kinda understand because I have my delusions too!

2 Likes

I’m not offended at all. I genuinely appreciate that you care enough to try to help me.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.