Schizophrenia.com

So thankful I'm not ill any more

I was so terrified while I was sick…some here have stopped their antipsychotic meds…so worried for them…they could lose everything…

me I am grateful for my meds and I will always take them but then again I am lucky…I don’t have voices and I stay on one med all the time…

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m on 3 APs. Very low energy.

Congratulations for your recovery.

3 Likes

There are studies showing that quite a few of those who recover end up not needing meds. It’s risky but it can be worth the risk.

5 Likes

So does that mean you’re able to work now that you’ve recovered?

no, I am not recovered, just high functioning…I could paint for a living I think but I would have to get connected with the galleries…too much stress to think up new paintings…I am just going to stick to leather craft from now on. I can’t read books and I can’t focus or sit still to work in real life. I am disabled. @Zannah

1 Like

I understand. I’m not able to work either.

1 Like

I’ve stopped stressing about the periods where I don’t get images. That’s okay. Sometimes you’re vibin’ and sometimes you aren’t. Just roll with it when the inspiration is there.

Sometimes I see something I’d like to turn into art later. The notes utility on my phone helps here.

1 Like

well we’ll see…right now I am burnt out because I go go go when I have canvas and paint without stopping…

I’m glad you’re feeling better jukebox.
Leather craft, sounds cool.

1 Like

That’s awesome.

I’m in the same boat. I don’t have any psychotic symptoms anymore. Only on 1 med, low dose, no side effects.

I am experiencing wicked brutal insomnia but I am on 1.5mg of clonazepam for that, it’s solved that problem 90%.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.