So noticed a pattern regarding med timings and anxiety

I take my meds every 12 hours. About 2 hours before my next meds Are due I start to get really anxious. When I take my meds it takes an hour to feel calm again.

So I get 2 x three hour periods of bad anxiety a day. My psychosis doesn’t flair up in this pattern - just the anxiety.

For anxiety I take pregabalin, fluoxetine. My seroquel kinda helps a bit too but this is mostly for psychosis.

My practice rarely prescribed benzos and tbh I don’t like the way they make me aggressive so would rather do without.

1 Like

I used to get really anxious when I took abilify , for about 3 hours after. Now I take my L-theanine at the same time so it cancels it out.

Would it make a difference if you took the pregabalin & fluoxetine at the same time as your seroquel ?

1 Like

This is what I take:

Morning

• 100mg pregabalin
  • 5mg procyclidine
  • 200mg seroquel

Night

• 100mg pregabalin
  • 5mg procyclidine
  • 200mg seroquel
  • 60mg fluoxetine
  • multivitamin

Like I say the psychosis doesn’t reach crescendo like this. Just the anxiety. Some thought I had were upping the seroquel to 300mg twice daily (was on this in the past). Or maybe taking the Prozac in the mornings?

1 Like

Is there any reason you’re taking them 12 hours apart ? Like if you took your night meds 2 hours earlier would that solve part of the problem ?

1 Like

I worry doing that would ‘back up’ the following mornings doses.

But I do hear you. I think maybe you could be onto something because I generally take my morning meds the moment I wake up so hopefully I would sleep through any withdrawal coming from taking the pills early the night before

1 Like

Think I will start by cross titrating my Prozac from night to morning. Will try that for a month.

If that doesn’t work I will try taking the night dose earlier.

Thanks for the help @everhopeful

1 Like