Schizophrenia.com

So my uncle Dave is cancer free

And they said he can go back on solid foods (he had esophageal cancer) but if he eats even a cup of solid foods it now makes him sick. Any nurses/doctors out there? My aunt said they were going to call his doctor for advice

11 Likes

That’s fantastic news !

3 Likes

I am not a doctor it just sounds like a nutritional deficiency.

2 Likes

My aunt was saying that his stomach is shrunk. He had to be on a liquid/soft foods diet for a while

2 Likes

Im reading online that Ginseng reduces studies about small amount of the capsule/powder Ginseng, says it reduces fatigue in Cancer patients and also reduces Cancer from coming back…I have been thinking about Ginseng a lot lately, I think I need it too. I’m worried I have breast cancer…but Im too scared to get it checked out. Glad your Uncle is Recovering and doing better I Hope he has a continued remission.

2 Likes

@MadPride , if you have a breast lump, nipple discharge, or any changes in the appearance of your breasts, please, please run, don’t walk, to your doctor’s office to have it checked out.

The whole trick to surviving breast cancer is to catch it as soon as possible. Your fear and hesitancy will kill you.

4 Likes

It is super normal for someone to have trouble adjusting to solid food again after a long time on a restricted diet. @anon78876561 might have some tips that could help.

4 Likes

I know…but what if the treatment is worse than pretending its not happening…

1 Like

@MadPride , but the consequences of not treating cancer is death. Death is worse than the treatment.

1 Like

Are you a survivor of breast cancer? Do you know how to go through getting screened? I am seriously considering this because of whats been happening, plus the lung stuff…

2 Likes

Maybe private message me I dont want to derail the topic?

You can go to your primary doctor, or to Planned Parenthood, and request a screening. If you go to PP, they will do their very best to make sure the appointment is 100% free for you.

2 Likes

I’m a former RN. I’m not personally a breast cancer survivor myself. But I’ve watched many, many of my own family members go through cancer treatment and survive. So, I’m a big believer in cancer screening and treatment.

I’ve been getting yearly mammograms every year since I was 40. I am 61 now. The mammogram process is very simple and the technician does all the work. You get used to it after so many years.

3 Likes

Oh thank you for telling me that. The closest Planned Parenthood is in MD. But I can prob. make it there. I will call them tomm and see if I can get an appt. because I dont think I could afford it otherwise. I am worried because I think I have it but its been seen as something else/inflammatory breast cancer is aggressive too so I would need to be seen urgently/my instinct has been this. The fatigue/passing out feelings could all be connected. I also have sleep apnea.

4 Likes

Wow. Thanks :pray:

2 Likes

Congrats to your Uncle Dave @Loke. You must be very relieved. It sounds like he just needs to slowly go from liquids to more solid food as his stomach gets used to the more substantial stuff. I hope he feels better soon.

3 Likes

Yes, you can talk to me if you want! I’m here! @Loke I’m still struggling to transition to solids. It’s been hard.

2 Likes

That’s wonderful @Loke I hope he gets to eating better soon, I’m sure he could use the nutrients.

1 Like

great to hear he is cancer free now!
I hope his eating gets better again too

2 Likes