So med change

So my pdoc is considering changing my Seroquel, but he wants me to be tested for a UTI first then he’ll make the decision to change it. He just wants to be sure my symptoms aren’t uti related. I also told him about my migraines. He said I could be seeing things because of the migraines.

3 Likes

I’m glad you’re getting it checked out. I had an untreated bladder infection that went on for years, because with my mental illness drs don’t want to treat me. Long story

Anyhow, my bladder became so infected that it literally turned black and the skin velds inside my bladder changed.

My bladder now has calloused skin sloughing off and I’ve been on antibiotics for the last 15 months to try and get my bladder healthy again. It’s no joke.

Anyway, I’m glad you’ll get checked out before changing your AP

2 Likes

I’m glad your pdoc is so careful. I hope the change goes well. Did he mention what he’ll be changing you to.

1 Like

He mentioned Latuda.

2 Likes

Sounds a good plan. I agree your psydoc sounds thorough and that is good. Hope it all goes well for you. Can be stressful changing meds but it also can be so worthwhile down the track.

1 Like

Latuda is a good drug to be on.

2 Likes

Oh that’s great to hear. Have you tried it? How bout weight gain?

I’m also interested in hearing about Latuda, I guess if going back on Geodon doesn’t work my Pdoc wants to try me on Latuda too.

1 Like

I lost weight on Latuda, and then remained neutral for a while.

I ended up with Akasthsia after 2 years, but I was just unlucky.

It’s a great drug

1 Like

Keep us updated on latuda if you change. Not many of us on it.

1 Like

15 months on anti biotic? Isnt that dangerous?

2 Likes

It’s what the urologist has ordered. I’ll be in it 18 months total next time I see him. It does make me nervous though.

1 Like