So, I've been wandering around the house aimlessly

Do you like music? If so why not try to learn to play an instrument? Volunteering sounds good too. I would do some volunrty work if i didnt need the money.

nice dogs are great i have 2 one older and one puppy

i use to have 6 but 5 passed away the last 2 years it is painful still

im training my puppy to be my new service dog as my old one passed about a year ago

1 Like

I voluntereed once had a good time. That was the first time i was making friends and meeting people in years.

1 Like

OOh…that is an interesting idea. I hadn’t thought of that one. Definitely something I will think on. Thanks @Ozzyskits

3 Likes

Just wanted to let you know that I just ordered an electric guitar with lessons based on your suggestion. Thanks a lot. Excellent Idea.

4 Likes

Maybe pick up a study? I am currently enrolling in a class, online tutoring. That gives me some meaning.

1 Like

Thanks @anon84628834 !

Learn the pentatonic scales

1 Like

Also learn how to read tabs its really easy
Ultimateguitar.com has tabs for any song you would want to learn

1 Like

Thanks @Rainstorm .

1 Like

How about starting with a hobby that you love and then letting that flower into a small business that you can handle?

1 Like

Hmm. I would opt for either volunteering or a new hobby.

Volunteering might be more flexible than a real, paying job. Hopefully less stress than a paying job. Maybe you could volunteer at a place that fits your interests!

A new hobby could be good, too. It could help improve your cognitive symptoms, if those are troublesome for you. Learning a new skill/hobby challenges your brain, but should be fun, too!

IDK how into music you are, but listening to music, finding new artists, while doing a hobby would maybe make it more fun. Or listening while you rest in bed, or on the couch, might make it more enjoyable.

1 Like

Thanks sherlock

1 Like

Find a variety of things to do on the computer. Play a few games, edit wikipedia or rationalwiki, make memes, join a few forums, make mspaint works of art, take a crappy online course in a continuing education program at college, just dont pace around your dad

Thanks @Blossom

1 Like

lol. right. Thanks @anon84461028

Hey guys I really appreciate all the suggestions. It inspired me. I ordered a guitar with online lessons for a hobby. After it arrives and I give myself some time with that, I will likely try to volunteer at the dog shelter for my volunteer work. Thanks for the inspiration!

4 Likes

@Bowens thats awesome to hear! Im so happy to have helped with the suggestion. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d find volunteer work first. It might help boost your confidence

1 Like

I remember years ago when I was having my relapse. I was staying with my dad and all I did all day was sleep, maybe take a walk or smoke crack. After months of this my dad said one day, “Why don’t you go out and get a job?” So I went out and got a few jobs. Ended up in the crisis home anyways but I got clean and sober there and the rest is history.
You’re lucky you don’t have to work; a volunteer job maybe? Check your cities website; our city has a list of city volunteer jobs.

1 Like