So I saw a cigarette warning tonight

A student gave me this after the final exam tonight. I think it’s interesting how they cover nearly the entire pack with a warning; they don’t play around. I didn’t realize it was like this in other countries. Those of you outside of the U.S., is it like this in your country? In the U.S. they just print a small warning on the side of the pack. I also didn’t realize there’s a cigarette brand specific to Canada. That’s where this student of mine is from.

4 Likes

yeah… my cigarette is called McDonald and has pics on it. + I pay 11-12 bucks a pack

Ouch. I pay around $6 for Marlboro Special Blends. That’s bad enough.

i’m quite sure only the cheap cigarettes have those massive anti-ads. bigger, more powerful companies probably wouldn’t allow that overseas because it would hurt business?

when a pregnant person says no, then no means no. that dude on the ad needs to back his $%^& up

With the help in my life looking like it does currently I will be dead way before I develop breathing complications due to smoking

1 Like

blasphemy. you’re going to live a good long life, bud :slight_smile:

1 Like

The ones in Australia have dead people, eye balls, mouth cancer, gangrene and more

Is it female tobacco …!!

1 Like

In Australia where I come from, cigarettes have plain dark green packaging completely covered in warnings with very graphic pictures of diseased lungs, premature babies, gangrene, rotten teeth and gums and just about everything you can imagine as a smoking related disease.

1 Like

I haven’t smoked in 2 and a half years but when I did, here in Canada, most, if not all of the cigarette packages had huge warning labels on the packs that were very noticeable like the one in the picture.

1 Like

We have smaller warnings on them. Text on one side and a disturbing image on the other.

1 Like

I buy my cigarettes off of the Internet. I smoke Gauloises, Brunes, non-filter. They’re made in France, shipped to a fulfillment center in Israel, then shipped to me. They have warning labels on both sides of the pack. Both sides say SMOKING KILLS.

1 Like

reminds me of a condom wrapper… I mean I think that should be on a condom wrapper… the pregnant woman… more or less the same photo

both a fore-warning… AND a source of arousal…

who doesn’t want to rub their pregnant gf/wifes tummy??? eh? eh? 0_o?

2 Likes

The warnings are bad enough, but the tax they have on cigarettes is insane. A pack of cigs costs 6 cents to make for the companies, the rest is profit and taxes, mainly taxes. That’s unfair. Imo you should be able to do all you want with your body as long as you’re not hurting anybody else. And the argument that you’re costing more money cuz of lung cancer is bogus, dying is expensive even if you don’t happen to have lung cancer. Also, you’re going to die of something anyways. I don’t smoke btw.

This is mine and they add a little extra when you open it

2 Likes

my current cigarette has a heart on it - taken out of a human body =(

I have been trying to quit actually, just have too much free time .

1 Like