So I just got released

So I just got out of the hospital today after self harming due to the voices. My mom, who is my main caretaker, is done with me and is not offering any support. The voices are once again telling me to self harm, but I don’t want to go back to the hospital. A friend offered to let me stay over, but my mom says, “You can only leave the house if you are going to the hospital.” PLEASE I need support and advice. I don’t want to go back to the hospital, but I feel threatened at home. Please please please…

just do your best

Do not harm urself!! Where will that get you? You need to take moment to figure out a more positive thing you can do right now.

You just got out of the hospital so maybe treat urself to a good meal you’ve been wanting, put on a funny movie you like, or a tv show you wanna watch, listen to ur favorite music, sleep in YOUR bed, take a bath, play an instrument if you play one, pet an animal if you have one, make a hugeee list of positive things you can do tomorrow to make urself feel better and to distract urself more.

4 Likes

“So I just got out of the hospital today”

with the same attire in your profile picture?
just kidding…

self-harming is serious. just make sure you take the meds that the doctors discharged you with. and also, go to the follow-ups.

1 Like

If ur in the US call the warm line or crisis line… these services will help u with a plan and someone to talk to so u can vent

It’s really hard for parents to know what you are going through, your mom is trying to keep you safe. It’s been my experience that we still have some dark days, weeks or months, after I get out of the hospital. You have to remember to be patient and let things work out. Better days are ahead.

1 Like

If your mom is keeping you in the house unless you go to the hospital, she is trying to help you by making sure you are in a safe place. What is the support you want from her? It is really hard for someone else to understand what you are going through or how to help you. You may not even know how to help you, but there are three things I think you will be told universally on this board: 1 you must defy the voices telling you to self harm. Do not obey them. 2, take your meds. And 3, keep your doctor informed.

If you can’t, then even though you don’t want to, you might need to be in the hospital until you feel stronger.

1 Like

I have known some self-harmers who found temporary relief from the urge by chewing on ice chips.

1 Like

Update? How are you feeling?