Smoking cigarettes

You should read @firemonkey 's link on [Mental illness and substance use:

Mental illness and substance use: genes show a two-way street | Psyche Ideas - News - Schizophrenia.com

It proves that tobacco can cause mental illness.

Everyone is losing their minds over cannabis when the elephant in the room was that tobacco causes it just as much…

1 Like

@labratmat

Sorry but I strongly disagree. Cigarettes don’t cause schizophrenia. Marijuana?…maybe?

1 Like

Did you read the science in the article?

Smoking tobacco statisticallty and genetically increases the chance of causing mental illness.

Fact!

3 Likes

@labratmat

Everyone in my family smokes, and all my friends also smoke tobacco, they are in great mental shape. Schizophrenia is genetics and probably in some cases drug induced.

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet. They say one thing is bad, then they say it’s good, it’s a lot of nonsense.

1 Like

You are comparing your anecdotal ‘evidence’ against the scientific method.

Who do you think wins?

3 Likes

The articles are likely biased. Meaning they think cigarettes are bad so they say it causes mental problems. Caffeine is worse I think
:grin::grin::grin:

1 Like

Love nicotine, absolutely hate cigarettes. :nauseated_face:

2 Likes

why do you hate cigarettes

1 Like

They smell bad, taste bad and leave a smell behind.

1 Like

they taste so good! so do you vape?

2 Likes

Yeah, I vape 12mg.

I used to be on the nicotine gum.

1 Like

I’d agree. I wouldn’t necessarily say they cause sz but certainly if you have sz or a potential for it they will worsen symptoms without a doubt. As schizophrenics I know it’s an undoubtable fact that it makes it worse for us. It’s as well studied as marijuana. The rate of smoking for sz is far higher too whatever cause and effect relationship that is I just wanna add.

1 Like

I quit May 4th (Star Wars Day). So far I haven’t even had a puff. It was one of my biggest problems but now I see that I don’t REALLY need it!

2 Likes

I changed from cigarettes to nicotine pouches. Idk if they’re better because I’m not a scientist but I will say my lungs are thanking me for sure.

2 Likes

May the 4th be with you on your quitting smoking journey

2 Likes

I like cigarettes more

3 Likes