Slowness becomes part of me

I’m making progress but they come so slow. I think I have done a lot of preparation for the job interviews. But they are still not enough. The good thing is I have got some experiences of the selection process now I might feel less stressful next time. I might have better answers next time. I have narrowed down a feel target jobs that I like. I would apply again in 2 to 3 years. I want to walk a lot and make myself physically fit. It think this might help me to get selected.

2 Likes

I’m in a similar situation and I’m aiming to get physically stronger before I go for jobs.

1 Like

Let’s do this together! I will spend 3 years to train up myself.

1 Like

That’s a long time! Are you aiming for weight loss or just making yourself stronger?
I need to lose 40-50 pounds. Today I walked for just over an hour.

2 Likes

What I appreciate about myself today, I have attended to an interview for a job I like. I have done a lot of preparations and they are relevant to the interview. I have the potential to fill the post. So important, I have the desire and the goal. I’ll work on this direction. I think I’m on the right track. I kinda like job interviews they get me into interesting questions and problems I can find out what is the better thing to do and to say. Actually, I enjoyed going to the interview s once in a while. They gives me feedback which is nice.

1 Like

Both. I need to lose 60 lbs. I want to make myself capable of hiking again. I used to be able to walk 50 miles in a day. I could only walk 5 miles now. I want to be able to walk 20 miles in one day.

1 Like

Since I guess they would only recruit again in 2 to 3 years time, and that I actually need 2 to 3 years to make myself fit again, I’m willing to spend3 years walking. I also want to spend an hour or two walking every night.

1 Like

That’s a good approach. My aim is to walk 25 miles in one day. I think I could do 10 miles at the moment but that would be very slow.
I will aim to walk at least one hour a day and increase the time and distance gradually.

1 Like

I would walk for 1 or 2 hours at night. Go for half day hiking trip on weekends, which means 2.5 hours of walk. I like to walk up the hills. I’m working on my foot pain now. It’s getting better. I’m hopeful to walk again. I would gradually make myself walk more challenging trails.

1 Like

After I start going further distances I will then join a gym and start swimming too.

I used to really like running but I haven’t done any for around 5 years. I’ll have to lose weight before attempting to run again.