Slightly concerned

Hello. I am typing this from my mum’s place. I arrived late last night.

On the plane I started to get really intrusive sick thoughts. Thoughts about the plane crashing and some other violent things which I’d rather not mention.

Then last night as I was rtying to get to sleep, I could hear in one ear only, the ear on the pillow, the sound of water rushing through a storm water drain. Then I started getting some relly vivid horrible closed eye hallucinations.

I’ve been doind really well recently and I don’t want to take a step backwards. I’m worried that the damage I have done to my liver is making my medicine less effecive.

I also don’t want to worry too much about it because I know sress will only make it worse.

Thanks for reading.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re having to go through this… I don’t know if you’re religious but I will pray for you. I’m going through hard times too, so you’re not alone. I cant sleep right now because i’m scared to close my eyes. Everytime i do the voices start as well as the hallucinations. Like you said try not to worry too much about it! Best of luck

1 Like

Thank you @Stillhavehope

1 Like

I’m sorry you’re going through this B. But I think it’s just stress from the trip. Sleep hallucinations are common even for neurotypicals, so I wouldn’t worry about those.

If tomorrow it continues, do you have PNR with you?

1 Like

What is pnr? Is it valium? I brought that with me.

1 Like

No, an extra ap for emergencies.

1 Like

No I just have my normal stuff, invega and lexapro.

One day when I visit Mum I’d like to go visit my old psychiatrist from when I was staying with her through my psychosis last year.

Thanks @Minnii

1 Like

Try to ignore the intrusive thoughts if you can. It probably can become a self reinforcing problem. The more you agonize about it, the worse it gets.

2 Likes

If you need to take a valium, take it.

1 Like

I will thank you @Minnii. I thought it was pretty brave of me to get through without it last night. I just kept telling myself it’s there if I need it.

2 Likes

@anon84763962
i hope it gits beter, can u see the doc there soon?

Thank you @mjgh06. I see my regular psychiatrist next Tuesday night.

Probably stress from the trip and seeing your mother brought on these symptoms. Don’t worry about them. “Setbacks are average.”“Setbacks aren’t dangerous.”

1 Like

Wow, that really sucks turtle. Are you going to see or call a doctor about this? Maybe this is just a one-time passing thing that might not turn into a backwards step.

1 Like

I will wait til Tuesday when I see my psychiatrist. Things seem to have settled down a bit since arriving. So I am not too worried about it at the moment.

Like @martinhersey1 said it could just be stress from the flight. I don’t really like flying.

Lets just hope that’s all it is.

1 Like

The flight was propable stressing you out and made you have all those thoughts and hallucinations. I’d take valium on the flight home if you feel uneasy with flying.

I was flying home from Finland two years ago. I had a similar experience. I stuffed myself with 15 mg Valium, 5 mg at a time, before the voices and intrusive thoughts calmed down so I could handle them.

1 Like