Slight mania can be good

yeah, i heard there is a come down, like a nose dive :frowning: but in my case iā€™m not going to hit my peak so i will level out just above normal where the lithium line is and stay there lol, thats what iā€™m hoping anyway, i dont normally get like this, this is new but i think i could take advantage if i am careful.

i never have a slight mania itā€™s either depression or mania nothing slight about it. i wish you good luck with your slight mania and hope you donā€™t get worse. I donā€™t mean to sound mean i think iā€™m just jealous. when iā€™m manic i avoid caffeine and when iā€™m depressed i need caffeine or i donā€™t even get out of bed.

2 Likes

maybe its not mania then idk but it felt like it was getting worse tonight, luckily i was distracted, iā€™m just hoping that i can get a good sleep tonight and then tomorrow isnt too bad. i dont want my thoughts racing and its like i am exhausted but i have all of this energy just rushing thorugh me :frowning:

Mania keeps you goingā€¦Iā€™ve had doctors tell me Iā€™m schizoaffective or bipolar with psychosis; they are both almost the same. Hear voices, have bad delusions, but I do have mania also. And mental illness runs in my family.

Had a manic episode that lasted 4 weeks (after birth of my daughter).
It was a wonderful time.
Iā€™d wake up and just be ready to go, full of energy and ideas.
My usual sarcastic, keep out of the limelight, shy self was gone.
Instead I was enthusiastic, open to ideas, happy all the time.

I knew it wouldnā€™t last though and tried to hang on to this feeling as long as I could.
I even went to psychiatric outreach (my parents believed I was mentally unwell) and they agreed with me that it was rather bizarre that feeling ā€œhappyā€ (or manic) is not normal or wrong. I guess because it wasnā€™t normal for me to be like that - my parents and clinical team saw a possible problem.

I was very talkative (much to my wifes amusement). Everything was just sublime.
No negative symptoms at all. Hardly any positive symptoms too.

It was all just laughable. To be ā€œhappyā€ (or manic) is to be unwell.
I miss those 4 weeks. I wish I could be like that againā€¦

sorry but, i think its to do with my dad :frowning: woke up really down this morning, have to block some thoughts but it is hard, yeah looks like i figured it out, very depressed, cant even speak, had some dreams last night and not sure what to make of them, it was about my dads ashes i think,

Yeah , If you feel yourself becoming manic , try not to obsess. I wonder if saying a little mania , is like saying a little psychosis. I have no Bi-Polar sympthoms unless psychotic depression takes hold , so I really cant talk much on mania , but I can tell you that psychosis usually does not stay at a certain level , it gets worse , at least for me it does. Thats why people talk about Psychosis as self reinforcing.

I love hypomanicā€¦ Itā€™s greatā€¦ I love having that energyā€¦ I love having that stamina

but sadlyā€¦ the hypomanic was always brief as it was merely a stop on my way to full blown manicā€¦

then back down to negative disconnect and flat numbness.

Yesā€¦ I was a heavy coffee drinker. Iā€™m trying to cut that downā€¦ My doc also put me on Depakoteā€¦ sometimes Iā€™m tempted not to take it so I can get an energy spike and have that stamina back.

Good luck @asgoodasitgets It sounds like your being aware.

Enjoy

1 Like