Sleepy time in my youth

I woke up suddenly at my grandparents.

The room was very dark. Must have been maybe 2 or 3 in the morning.

The numerous deer heads on the wall blanketed in shadow were fairly odd i can tell you.

I noticed the sound of walking in the hallway. Was someone up i wondered. But then i noticed it wasn’t walking at all. It was pacing. The scratch on the old carpet continued for a few moments, back and forth, back and forth, to and fro, to and fro, up and down the hallway.

I knew it was wrong and the fear began to set in. A chill here and there grabbed my body.

All that i could do was hope it let me go and i forced myself to sleep again in terror. It was sickening as most experiences in my entire life have been, an endless cascading of the harsh and cruel, the chaotic and eerie, the diseased, the loveless.

Some thought i had failed, chosen poorly, was an idiot, was lazy, i’ve been called and accused of it all repeatedly. But they can’t see what they are doing to me. I’m was just a torture and murder victim. Targeted and tortured and drugged, the accusations began to fly.

Sleepy time in my youth, not fun at times. I’ve been told of sleepwalking spells i used to have, i now know why.

1 Like