Sleep problems, frustrated

Okay, so, my best friend is high functioning and is always high energy. He can get by on 5 hours of sleep a night and thinks anyone who needs more than 7.5 is kidding themselves.
He also likes to stay up late, and since we’re usually at his place, I don’t sleep until he does.
Which is usually 1-2am-ish.

Problem is, I get tired around 10, and keep having to struggle not to nod off while we do things. This upsets him, and he finds it distrspectful, but his ocd prevents him from going to bed until after midnight.

I don’t know what to do! I’m so sick of having to struggle not to nod off for four hours every night. I’m also sick of him not understanding why I get tired more easily.

I’ve gotten my body used to the fact that I sleep when I’m tired, and I don’t want to change that.

Part of me wants to tell him until we can find a compromise, I can’t sleep over.
But I’m afraid it’ll upset him and make him feel like I don’t want to spend time with him.

What should I do?

How close friends are you ?

Limit the amount of sleep overs ?

This sounds like me before I got sick. :no_mouth: How silly I was.

I’d just continue to be upfront with him and push for a compromise. You don’t want to untrain your body to fall asleep when it’s tired, like you mentioned.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.