Sleep is for the weak... and the sane

Same, except all the time haha!

1 Like

MIG is how I got started but I was told most heavy industry uses stick so I figured that was my best shot

I was in love with TIG though, it felt more like art to me, very delicate and precise

Haha :grin: Do you have negative symptoms? My negatives have been terrible lately. I need to shower and take better care of myself. Iā€™m so tired all the time.

1 Like

Yes stick is for mostly structural welding, but we use mostly mig for fabricating/ assembling the machines. tig is beautiful, true. I love watching the arc jumping off the tungsten and using the filler, very elegant

1 Like

Yesss my negatives were quite bad today at work because I only got a little sleep. Was in a meeting and started saying sh!t that didnt make much sense at all. Pretty embarrassing, and lots of anxiety

I had trouble taking care of myself too until I got on this new med cyamemazine, its really good for getting me out of bed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh sorry to hear about your tough moment at work.

That med sounds awesome!

I kinda have a routine that I stick to every day. I just need to exercise more and have better hygiene.

1 Like

Thats cool man. So you say you do fabrication stuff also, what kinda stuff do you make? I had an internship in college at a well known aerial and digger derrick truck manufacturer, was really cool wish I hadnt been a sh!thead and paid attention more

Thanks, and yeah its great! Makes me a bit sleepy so I take it at night

Thats the key, routine they say. And exercise has been huge for me, I highly recommend doing like 30 mins a day 3 days a week at the least

1 Like

we make machines that make parts specified in engineering drawings. so it could be anything from the steel supports on a roof, or the corrugated roofing panels, a steel drum or tank, we build a machine that can churn them out

2 Likes

Aw man thats sick! I wish I picked a more hands on career path sometimes but I still like what I do a lot. Just sucks to plant your ass in a chair all day

the grass is always greenerā€¦ when youre working on your feet the guy in the chair has it made

1 Like

Thats true. Ive had work like that before and its rough. Be nice to have a balance but you cant have it all I guess

I donā€™t mind one or the other, but I find that I think better if Iā€™m sitting down at a desk, and sometimes I have to figure out the right process to do something, or make a calculation and doing it standing up is just harder

1 Like

Im the opposite kind of. I pace a lot, didnt used to. Maybe becuase of the meds, but I think a lot by talking to myself or walking around in circles. Cant do that at work tho lol

im on meds for that kind of thing. i dont really do that anymore

1 Like

Oh really? What med if you dont mind me asking

invega sustenna

1 Like

Oh gotcha. Not a fan of depots myself, I get agitated towards the next dose and I dont like not being in control of my med intake. Not that I mess with the doses or anything, it just freaks me out

Abilify is whats causing it I think. Great med for me but it has its downsides

I agree sleep is for the weak. I usually get about 4 a night and then cat naps in the day if Iā€™m lucky.

1 Like

If i wasnā€™t taking the depot I probably wouldnā€™t take meds reliably. From what Iā€™ve read about abilify theres probably a good reason the doctor chose invega over it for me.

1 Like