Situational depression is kicking my butt

I have been feeling down since I returned from Texas. While I was there, I was able to get up early in the morning, shower and get dressed, and do things every single day. I only slept in late one day, and then it was only until 9am. Now, I can’t seem to get out of bed or shower, cook, clean, do laundry. I didn’t go to my son’s open house at his technical school last night because I just couldn’t stop crying. This new TD diagnosis has just added to it. I have enough going on- I didn’t need something else. When does it stop? When is enough, enough?

2 Likes

Is this also refered to as walking depression?

1 Like

No. If you have walking depression, you can still act normal.

I don’t know if mine’s situational or not. It could be just good ol’ sza depression coming back at me. I don’t know. I am just feeling so down.

1 Like

Sorry youre having a rough time. I used to sleep heavy when i was depressed . Which med is causing the td?

Im sorry for you Heather

Probably the Saphris. Adding the lithium would have compounded it. Plus, I take Compazine for migraines.

I feel like all of my hopes and dreams just keep getting crushed. What’s the point in all of this? Where is the bright side?

Positive vibes your way, friend. :frowning: I am sorry that you’re dealing with that. Situational depression is awful. I’ve had it once before. It can be hard to bounce back from.

My kids didn’t even notice when I got back home from my trip. No one asked me how my trip was. It’s like I wasn’t even there. They don’t notice me anymore. I may as well be gone.

I might be a nerd cliche but I have had a many suicidal thoughts and a few tries. I’ve spent the last four or five months going through hell with.medication. one thing that might help is to occupy your mind with something. Have a cig. Or take a nap. I hate the pain of it all. The thoughts.get to feeling better…

Don’t think like that. Kids are selfish. Not necessarily intentionally, but they just are. Their minds are busy developing and it takes over their world. Let’s assume they really didn’t notice you were back, which I don’t believe, what happens in 5, 10, 15 years? You’re not just taking away their mother in this moment when they’re taking you for granted and you think they’ll be fine without you. You’re taking away their mother for the rest of their lives. No weddings, no babies, no holidays, nothing.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.