Situation check

I went to the garage with my dad and he was talking about my car to his friend the mechanic. And I mentioned that the car is hard on gas and then my dad said that’s what you get when you only put 5 dollars in at a time. Like sorry I’m broke but I can’t fill the tank every time. And then the mechanic guy said well how much gas do you use per 100k I said I dunno but I put 10 dollars in one time and it was gone in 20 mins of driving. Anyway I mentioned it was kind of embarrising for him to say that in front of the mechanic. And he said I’m overly sensitive right now for some reason. As if I’m not medicated enough or something And that I’m reading too much into things. I was just sharing how I felt. Anyway that erked me even more when he said that. But im thinking why do I feel this way anyway. I have actually been feeling pretty good lately.

3 Likes

You weren’t being overly sensitive at all. Your dad was being insensitive. Even if they weren’t sz, I would be surprised if someone wasn’t bothered by that.

Your dad probably doesn’t realize how it made you feel. It could just be a blind spot on his part. But no one should ever use your sz against you that way.

3 Likes

Thanks for your clarity and reply futo it helps me understand the situation better.

2 Likes

Because people with $ easily forget what it feels like to have$0.00.

And cause your probably over 18yrs and feel you should have more than $10 dollars at a time. But then we got this sz s - t. ( or whatever it ever it is Dx?)

I dont think he was trying to be cruddy about it…I think like the rest of the planet he, they dont realize it is a sore spot for many people.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.