Since how many years you have been taking your medications?Have you recovered?

Can I ask what your worst symptoms were?

I’ve been taking psychiatric meds for the last 30 years now. But, I’ve only been recovered for the last 5 years. I’ve always been very treatment resistant.

2 Likes

11 years since 2010. 400mg of injectable Abilify, 10mg of clopixol, 50mg of Seroquel as a sleep aid.

1 Like

27ish years on meds. Currently taking Thorazine (chlorpromazine) 400 mg. I’m treatment resistant too. I have made recoveries after my 3 big psychotic breaks. Managing my illness is a full-time job some weeks.

My worst symptoms were voices.

I am in the system for many decades now.
Saw a psychiatrist when I was 20 years old and he placed me on a powerful typical Antipsychotic, Navane.

Years later I am doing better but the journey is not over yet.

Thank goodness for my current set of meds, Risperdal and Depakote.

What a strange and long trip it’s been.

I’ve been on meds non-stop since 2012, so 9 years without a break.

I am on meds for nearly 26 years, I have treatment resistent schizophrenia, the only med that helped me was clozaril, a life savour!

1 Like

Meds since I finally got a right diagnosis for 15 years. Took until a few years ago to find something that works. I’m treatment resistant to the extreme.

I’ve been on meds since 2015. I’m recovered now.

1 Like

What the ■■■■… In just 6 years you have recovered… Very very lucky

I’ve been on meds for 11 or 12 years. Finally stabilized on haldol about 10 years ago. I’m getting by on only .5mg but it seems that I still am not able to go off meds.

Depends on what you call recovered. More than 10 years.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.