Signs of psychosis

What are the signs for you of psychosis coming on? I’ve recently had my antipsychotic reduced and have been feeling on edge and not quite right. Are these subtle signs of an approaching psychotic episode? I feel scared.

1 Like

For me disturbance to sleep routine and eating habits
You should speak to your Doc about feeling on edge - it might be an adjustment phase for the lower dose of AP - might take some time to get used to it

i never felt psychosis coming. it was like suddenly i’m all deep in it…

High anxiety, increased obsessive thinking, increased paranoia then the delusions come storming in and I lose all insight.

2 Likes

Yes these are signs of psychosis for me. Tell your psychiatrist if it gets worse or if it doesn’t improve.

1 Like

It’s pretty bad right now, need a doc ASAP

1 Like

defiantly obsessive paranoid thinking, then delusions, lack of insight.

1 Like

If its too much go to the emergency.

1 Like

if it’s really bad then i would go to the ER and tell them there what is wrong

Physically my vision gets blurry and I generally feel unwell but what @Wave said was on point for the other signs. I try to sleep it off. If it’s close to dark take your meds and go to bed early.

2 Likes

I think its different for everyone. One for me is that I see double/hidden meanings in other people’s speech. Or I spend a lot of time thinking about things that are completely conceptual that I wouldn’t normally.

Also withdrawing from others, suspicions and paranoia, intrusive thoughts. Getting irritated easily and not being able to trust people, without a valid reason.

It’s a slippery slope…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.