And love and jokes shared with family
Schizophrenia took away his ability
To be much of a member of society
But it didn’t steal his psychical strength
His youth, good memories, or his imagination

9 Likes

Good work @Blizzard!

very good poem.

i was jw if you meant psychic or physical in the second to last line?

I meant to type “physical” because I did stay in half decent shape until the weight gain from the ap’s, age, and the negative symptoms of the disorder eventually destroyed it and I was very active for the first 2 decades of the disorder. I was lucky to have a family who took me places where I could remain in decent shape for quite some time until my Mom, and step-father divorced, my father died, and my niece and Mother left town at which point I became the “dead” person in an apartment on the high crime area of town dependent on public transportation and eventually being moved to a group home by my brothers.

2 Likes

wow thanks for sharing blizzard.

recently as in last month my grandma died after being in nursing home for about 8 years and living with alzheimers… then last week my parents went to plan my moms funeral because shes got stage 4 bone cancer… i was living in a group home for 18 months until last october when i moved in with my ex gf and she ended up having episodes, being sza too, to the point that i couldnt live with her because of her instability. about a month or two ago i got word from her dad that she got sent to the state asylum. as of right now since i was able to get a gf last year and raise my testosterone levels i have been doing 150 pushups everyday and sometimes throughout the week some other upper body weight training at home.

Nice work. I really liked this! :sunglasses:

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.