Sick day guilt

I have chronic migraines, too, and I feel your pain (quite literally). I have Fiorcet, Zofran, Indomethacin, Sprix, Migranal, Zomig, and Reglan to treat it, but I can’t take certain ones within 24 hours of each other. I can use certain combinations, but I sometimes forget which ones, so I have it written down and keep it in my bedside dresser. I also get Botox.

Don’t feel guilty about a sick day. You can’t help it. I remember trying to work through migraines, and it was virtually impossible. I hope you are feeling better now, and if not, I hope you feel better really soon.

1 Like

@Happy_H do you see a neurologist? I used to get migraines 3 times a week and no meds would help it. Then I got put on geodon. They disappeared. I believe it’s currently being looked at as an off label treatment for migraines. Now I only get a migraine once every six weeks or so, but also today since I’m sick.

Yeah, I used to go to a headache center specifically for migraines, but they never answered their phones during business hours and didn’t return messages. When I had a migraine for days and nothing would help, I had to go to the ER because I couldn’t get a hold of them even during a weekday. Now I see my pdoc for my headaches as she is also a neurologist. I just got Botox a couple of weeks ago. They aren’t as severe with Botox, but I still get them several times a week.

1 Like

What a nightmare. I swear I used to try everything for migraines! And it sucks when nothing really gives you any relief. I’m glad I found something that helped.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what do you take for your headaches besides Geodon? Geodon didn’t work for me as an AP, so it’s never been brought up.

Nothing. Geodon is my only daily med.

1 Like

I understand what you get when you say you can’t stop them when they get going. Mine confuse me sometimes. I may have one for a super short period of time, so I wait to take meds to see if it will go away on its own…but, if it turns out that it won’t go away, I’m out of luck because I’m past the point of no return.

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: So you’re telling me that this bi tch changed your dx from sz to sza bipolar type because you were doing too well, minimizing your hard work along the way, and she didn’t even put you on a fu cking mood stabilizer? What the fu ck?

edit: sorry, didn’t mean to derail the thread but it won’t let me delete.

1 Like

She offered a mood stabilizer. I said I didn’t want to rock the boat since I’ve been stable with no side effects for years now.

1 Like

I’m not allowed to take sick days, no matter how I’m feeling, how much pain I’m in I don’t get sick days

Oh I’m a bit late to this thread… I don’t feel too much guilt for Sick days. In school I took more than average because it didn’t affect my grades. At work I only stay home when I’m sick, but when I’m sick I’m sick.

Did your migraine go away yet?

Why not??? That’s terrible! We are really fortunate. My husband gets 21 vacation days a year, and 5 or 7 sick days (I can’t remember which). He has so many vacation days saved up that he will lose hours if he doesn’t take the days, so now he takes every other Friday off. He works an odd schedule, but now he has every Friday off and never has to work more than two days in a row (followed by 2-3 days off).

1 Like

I don’t work but all the chores I do around the house won’t get done by anyone else. My in-laws say they hurt or are sick they still work why should I get a break

I am so sorry. I should, ideally, do laundry and housework every day, but I don’t. My husband doesn’t complain, which is really nice, and he tends to be the one doing things, which makes me feel guilty. He treats me like a queen. I love him so much.

1 Like

I took excedrin and my fever hasn’t gone down at all. I wish it would.

Oh darn excedrin usually works for me :frowning:

Hope you feel better soon

I’ve been drinking water, but now I feel nauseous and don’t want any more. But Mr. Star will be home in an hour to baby me. I’m going to ask for some rice.

I get stress headaches , Tylenol sometimes works for me. Excedrin makes me hyper

1 Like

I think you can still try Acetaminophen even if you’ve taken Ibuprofen (check the net to be sure, though!). Sometimes that Tylenol works better on fevers than the other. Goodness but I feel bad for you. (((((ninjastar)))))

Good call. Excedrin is acetometaphin and aspirin, I’ll check if I can still take ibuprofen also.